Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I miss when the Christmas no. 1 was actually Christmassy. It should be mandatory for there to be bells and a nice snowy video.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,512 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I would love if the Christmas number one was actually a Christmas song this year.
    In other news this catalogue has being delivered to a shopping center.

44378_613448775354048_1919672733_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Loughc wrote: »
    I am loving your signature Tindie! :D

:D How Funny, I had no idea that was still up, I going to keep it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I got the new Catalogue for Argos! But (yes I did ask) the Christmas one wont be out till .....approx : 3rd Wednesday of October!!!!!

So that's one to look forward to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I do rather fancy those Penguins on page 1 :eek:9146855_R_SET?$Listers$

whoah???? hang on a tic!

(kids took off with it when we got home, so I didn't even look) must have a look

just had a look in the catalogue, found 1 page about the online stuff...Phew. I thought I was missing out big time! I'll have a look on line now me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭thumper10

love this tread hope you dont mind me joining....so excited about christmas, especially this year, first year married, have wedding on our anniversary so really want to get loads for the decoration, and hopefuly make loads of food etc...:D

I found them online! OMGosh!!!!! And..they have the boxes!!!!! Incidently they also have a lovely village scene!!!!!! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I found them online! OMGosh!!!!! And..they have the boxes!!!!! Incidently they also have a lovely village scene!!!!!! :-D

Yea the boxes caught my eye too, the village scene is lovely but very expensive for what it is.

I had a quick flick through the catalogue and I think I saw that the Christmas brochure will be out on October 16. Boots usually have their gift guide out by then too.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea the boxes caught my eye too, the village scene is lovely but very expensive for what it is.
    A bit pricey alright. But as a once off! I also need to get one of those pop up tress for the sitting room, as I'm moving the other one. Can't wait for the actual Christmas catalogue. I'll have to a wad of them. Kids will have them swipped otherwise! Like the RTE guide...the covers will be lost in a matter of 2 days! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG ye are all mad!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I saw name of this movie Christmas Rose (2013) Is this first Xmas movie this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

thumper10 wrote: »
    love this tread hope you dont mind me joining....so excited about christmas, especially this year, first year married, have wedding on our anniversary so really want to get loads for the decoration, and hopefuly make loads of food etc...:D

Welcome to the Tinsel Side, Thumper! ;)
    It's about to get very festive very fast here - hang on for a Sleighride! :D

christmas_sleigh_ride_snow_santa_moon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rookey

I have to admit.... I had a sneaky listen to White Christmas today... that's my fix for July... I'll try contain the music to the singing in my head.....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

They usually have beautiful village scenes in Woodies and they are the ones with the bulbs inside so they light up better than the ones with the little LED on the outside Woodies also do up to 70% off coming up to Christmas I have got a lovely collection of village scenes of maybe €30 each.

I think those Argos decorations are quite expensive but I do like the Penguins but I am just wondering hoe long they would last in my house with a 5, 4 and 14 month who took his first steps today !!!!!!!!

Emcm wrote: »
    They usually have beautiful village scenes in Woodies and they are the ones with the bulbs inside so they light up better than the ones with the little LED on the outside Woodies also do up to 70% off coming up to Christmas I have got a lovely collection of village scenes of maybe €30 each.

I think those Argos decorations are quite expensive but I do like the Penguins but I am just wondering hoe long they would last in my house with a 5, 4 and 14 month who took his first steps today !!!!!!!!

First steps!!!!! No stopping him now!
    I bet the camera was doing overtime? Great news!

(Woodies...70% off...before Christmas?.... :-D)

Rookey wrote: »
    I have to admit.... I had a sneaky listen to White Christmas today... that's my fix for July... I'll try contain the music to the singing in my head.....
    Ha! no need to hide anything like that around here! I regularly listen to my Christmas Cd's and the kids watch all our Christmas DVDs weekly. The only thing missing are all the decorations! I know that postman, must think I'm off my trolley when he drops the post at the front door, with me inside and Frank Sinatra blazing...but I always thought my postman is a bit creepy, so it's 50:50! LOL

Fair enough though, during the he wave it was a bit too much. But I'm a die hard! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

We were all very exciting including him so he could only do it once he was way too wound up. I love Woodies at Christmas they have lovely stuff. My favourite shop to look at is Brown Thomas but you would need a good overdraft to afford some of the stuff but it's gorgeous to browse through.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,512 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This was doing the rounds on the internet last August. It' nearly that time again.
    228485_10151024468047060_705268002_n.jpg

A Dublin Bus just wished me a Happy Christmas!!! To say I'm thrilled is not the word!! :D:D

l75S52c.jpg

Posy wrote: »
    A Dublin Bus just wished me a Happy Christmas!!! To say I'm thrilled is not the word!! :D:D

l75S52c.jpg

Whaaaaat?! Was this today??!!

Tonight at about 9pm on Eden Quay! I was like :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Was in Debenhams yesterday and saw this:

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Was in Debenhams yesterday and saw this:

No way! Even I'm shocked at that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Wow, that's quite bad!

I know lots of places will have Christmas stock coming in already and it'll be in the warehouses getting priced and such, but to have it on the floor is insane! I went to the Pharmacy Christmas showrooms in May (:D :D) where we ordered all the stuff for Christmas, but we forbid them from sending it in earlier than October. People get freaked out seeing the stuff too early. (Although, a little Cath Kidson order did sneak through last week.... which we put out anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Eeekkkkkk!!! Loving the influx in posts this week. Could that mean people's focus is shifting from summer to winter? :)

• Advertisement

Perhaps it is the dramatic end of the heat-wave and subsequent bad weather combined with the fact that is it the beginning of autumn on Thursday... not to mention the fact that the winter Argos Catalogue is out.
    Sure even the buses are feeling festive with all that going on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement