Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

snowgal wrote: »
    It was a big birthday for my hubby a few weeks ago, I had bought tin of qualtiy street and selection box for it! He was sooo happy, selection box not at Christmas time, the novelty!

Nice, I'm very jealous! I love selection boxes and quality street sweets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Came across these tonight.... :)
    351120.jpg
    351121.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Hi all, have never posted in here before but love this thread. I was browsing the lifestyle sports page and in the clearance section there are some really nice jumpers in and around the €10 mark that some of you might like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Haven't posted in awhile, hope to get up to speed on all I missed, flicking through the TV tonight came across The Royal Family Christmas,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

amor3 wrote: »
    That is just heartbreaking, so sad!

My partner was telling me about it so sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Almost half way to Christmas now! This day 6 months is my birthday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

That is just heartbreaking, so sad!

Poor little guy passed away today.. rip little man!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I did a survey about Christmas today. It started along the lines of 'We're going to ask you some questions about Christmas (yes, really, Christmas!)' as if it's weird to think about Christmas in June. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

If anyone here has Sky Digital, check out the Create & Craft channel as they are advertising Christmas related craft & DIY merchandise for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I did a survey about Christmas today. It started along the lines of 'We're going to ask you some questions about Christmas (yes, really, Christmas!)' as if it's weird to think about Christmas in June.

Yes, I got that too!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Poor little guy passed away today.. rip little man!

:(:(:(

Just completed Christmas 2015 spreadsheet tonight. Yes I compile a Christmas spreadsheet every year and make no apologies for it haha :). I love being organised as much as I love Christmas :P.

Argos have revealed the top toys for Christmas this year!

http://www.newstalk.com/Christmas-toys-favourites-2015-most-popular-toys-Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Argos have revealed the top toys for Christmas this year!

http://www.newstalk.com/Christmas-toys-favourites-2015-most-popular-toys-Argos

Wow, really brings it home that it's only 6 months to the big day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Just completed Christmas 2015 spreadsheet tonight. Yes I compile a Christmas spreadsheet every year and make no apologies for it haha :). I love being organised as much as I love Christmas :P.

A spreadsheet? Why so?

A spreadsheet? Why so?

Well there are a couple of reasons for the spreadsheet, which are all gonna make me seem like a total control freak :o, but it actually feels Christmassy at this stage, its just another tradition.

First of all I calculate how much I will spend on each person (usually just base it on what I have spent in previous years) That then calculates my total budget for all presents I need to buy. I then calculate how many weeks I have until Christmas (or whenever I want to have finished my shopping usually November) it divides my total budget needed by weeks left so I know how much I need to save each week.

I then list each person I buy for, with budget for each person. As I buy something for that person I add it to it to the sheet which automatically then updates the amount I have left within budget to buy for each person, it also takes everything I have bought from my total budget.

I also have a column for each person where I list anything I might have seen or would like to buy for people. As I buy mostly online I usually add the link to the page where I have seen the idea so I can easily find it later.

As I like to buy a lot early it helps me to keep track of what I have bought and for who, it also saves getting to November and realising there just aren’t enough pay days left.

Sorry for the long boring reply by the way, bet you wished you never asked now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Six months to Christmas Eve!

Falalala laaa, la la la laaaaaaaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Only 6 months to go now! :D

Christmas-Eve.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Days are getting shorter......... won't feel it now..

6 months. Wow. I had planned on doing a sort of Christmas dinner this week but with the nice weather we've been having we're pretty much just BBQing. I think I'll do it at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Spent a productive few hours on pinterest got loads of christmas inspiration (particularly want to try a hot chocolate station or bar now that I have an island in kitchen ) ! Can't wait! Can't wait til we can see the evenings getting darker and lights coming on in the evenings .. All excited now ! 6 months will fly past! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Just started Christmas clothes shopping. I always get clothes for Christmas eve, Christmas day, and Stephens day. I cant wait. Once it hits early to mid November the tree is going up.

Just started Christmas clothes shopping. I always get clothes for Christmas eve, Christmas day, and Stephens day. I cant wait. Once it hits early to mid November the tree is going up.

Christmas clothes shopping? If you don't mind me asking do you mean the festive christmas jumpers type shopping or outfits for the family for the Christmas period kind of clothes shopping ? I normally start clothes shopping in November as I find all the festive themed clothes and colours are more readily available and in stock !

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Christmas clothes shopping? If you don't mind me asking do you mean the festive christmas jumpers type shopping or outfits for the family for the Christmas period kind of clothes shopping ? I normally start clothes shopping in November as I find all the festive themed clothes and colours are more readily available and in stock !

Actual clothes like jeans shirts ect. I left it late last year, and didn't find anything i like. So i'm going to be prepared this year.

Actual clothes like jeans shirts ect. I left it late last year, and didn't find anything i like. So i'm going to be prepared this year.

Any excuse to go clothes shopping is a good excuse in my opinion ! Hope you get something nice !

A bit more christmas shopping done today ! Getting super excited already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I'm so excited looking at the date today :) The 25th always makes me smile.

mud wrote: »
    I'm so excited looking at the date today :) The 25th always makes me smile.

Me to. Although i love November and December. The build up is always brilliant, and we have started to put our tree up about a week or two after Halloween. My mam puts it up earlier each year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hello all!

I'm back to work today after being away for the past two weeks, although my holidays are over I am looking forward to counting down the days to Christmas! :)

Half way there already and boy did the first 6 months go quick!!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Hello all!

I'm back to work today after being away for the past two weeks, although my holidays are over I am looking forward to counting down the days to Christmas! :)

Half way there already and boy did the first 6 months go quick!!

Hopefully the next 5 go fast. I love the month leading up to Christmas, and I love to drag it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement