Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Back from the summer hols today, on the plane our youngest said "i can't wait for Christmas now". My wife went mad, i laughed and pointed out that every day after today gets us one day nearer to this years Christmas that the last one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

mud wrote: »
    I'm so excited looking at the date today :) The 25th always makes me smile.
    And the 26th means there is less time to next Christmas than from last Christmas! \o/

Love your sig, btw. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I woke up from a dream this morning where I dreamt today was Christmas morning. On one hand I was delighted it was Christmas on the other I was terrified as I hadn't bought one present haha!

Full of the Christmas feeling this morning :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I knew I was feeling Christmassy today, work just sent an e-mail around today outlining what holidays we need to take for Christmas. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    I knew I was feeling Christmassy today, work just sent an e-mail around today outlining what holidays we need to take for Christmas. :D

My job just done the same, wonder if we work for the same company?

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    My job just done the same, wonder if we work for the same company?

PM me the name haha, what are the chances of us both taking a late lunch today as well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Posy wrote: »
    And the 26th means there is less time to next Christmas than from last Christmas! \o/

Love your sig, btw. :)

Ha! I have signatures turned off so had to go and investigate :)

I didn't use Boards for over a year so that was obviously a bit out of date!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

PM me the name haha, what are the chances of us both taking a late lunch today as well. :pac:

PM sent, just seen your an accountancy mod also so good chance it's the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got an email earlier from one of the companies that organises audiences for TV shows in the UK. They're filming the All Star Mr and Mrs Christmas special tomorrow. They're encouraging people to wear festive clothing.

Last year we went to a taping of Pointless in May and they told us that we'd missed the Christmas special by one day. I was devastated. :D

I also got that email about Mr & Mrs. I love the way Christmas slowly starts creeping up so early haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I also got that email about Mr & Mrs. I love the way Christmas slowly starts creeping up so early haha.

So do I. I'm already talking about it with my friends, and there telling me to feck off:p:p. Me, my brothers, mum and dad love it. Although my dad puts on an act, pretending he hates it.

I just cant wait for winter tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I'm enjoying the summer, especially now we're having some nice weather, but I'm definitely starting to think about next Christmas!

We booked our holidays for September and I'm delighted cos once we get back it'll be almost October. For me, that's when the Christmas countdown starts in earnest! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Anyone for Brussels sprout sausages, or maybe sparkling crisps made with Prosecco and sprinkled with pink glitter that fizz on the tongue. Can only be Marks & Spencer Christmas range for 2015 :D
    http:// http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/business/cant-your-kids-eat-greens-5971835

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

My 4 year old is playing here on the floor with a Christmas hat on, singing jingle bells!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Mid August for the Brown Thomas Christmas shop, according to the nice lady I spoke to there yesterday. :eek::D

washiskin wrote: »
    Mid August for the Brown Thomas Christmas shop, according to the nice lady I spoke to there yesterday. :eek::D

I think it was mid-August last year too, although that's not going to stop the backlash of people going, "it's too early" "it seems to be getting earlier every year" etc.

Does anyone know if the Christmas Market in Stephen's Green is coming back this year? They had announced it last year at this stage already but so far no mention of it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Loughc wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Christmas Market in Stephen's Green is coming back this year? They had announced it last year at this stage already but so far no mention of it this year.

I didn't go to that market last year because I heard only bad reviews :/

I wandered through it at lunchtime when it was quiet and it was fine. I got a crepe and had a look at what was for sale and it was grand. I wouldn't necessarily have bought anything there though, and I think I read that a lot of smaller producers/artists/etc couldn't afford the cost of a stall which is a pity because it would have been nice to have the chance to buy something different. It was better than the one that used to be in the IFSC and I enjoyed wandering through it but if they want to do it again they'll have to improve it to entice people back.

SMJSF wrote: »
    I didn't go to that market last year because I heard only bad reviews :/

Likewise, coupled with the fact it was a nightmare for traffic around the area and the weather was so bad for the majority of the time I heard nothing but bad things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

I was in a park with kids today during our summer camp when I overheard one of them saying to a few others that she can't wait for Christmas. Then she clapped her hands and went off happily to one of the swings. The countdown is well and truly on! :)

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    I was in a park with kids today during our summer camp when I overheard one of them saying to a few others that she can't wait for Christmas. Then she clapped her hands and went off happily to one of the swings. The countdown is well and truly on! :)

Just wait until they go back to school!! That's a solid marker it's coming haha :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm already starting to feel Christmassy* with the thought that August is just around the corner and Brown Thomas Christmas shop is opening in a few short weeks! :)

*well, more Christmassy than usual if you get me

It's just dawned on me that August is next month! This year is flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm so flipping excited for Christmas this year. Soooooo flipping excited.

I asked my mother the other day "do you want a salad for Christmas............. ...erm.... Lunch"

We will have a big family Christmas. 7 adults and 2 one year old babies. We've never had that before.

My mother usually does a big fry on Christmas morning and I know she won't want me changing anything about that, so I'm going to make some chocolate croissants and pecan and maple syrup pastries the night before, bung them in the oven that morning and have them with a nice pot of coffee.

While watching my little boy open his Christmas pressies for the first time.

Oooooh I just realised I get TO BE SANTA THIS YEAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Whispered wrote: »
    chocolate croissants and pecan and maple syrup pastries the night before, bung them in the oven that morning and have them with a nice pot of coffee.
    Feck waiting till Christmas!! I'm doing this today!

I have some unbaked croissants in the freezer. Definitely taking some out for breakfast tomorrow. It will be like a mini Christmas breakfast! Thanks for reminding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm suddenly not as excited about Christmas this year, as yesterday we had to put our beloved Bichon Frise, Taz, to sleep. We are heartbroken. I know it was the best thing to do for him but it still doesn't make it any easier. I know that time is a great healer and hopefully by the time Christmas comes around I will be looking forward to it again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It's so heartbreaking to loose a pet. I'm sorry.

I'm really sorry to hear that leahyl :(

Time does heal all wounds, just cherish all of your fond memories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm suddenly not as excited about Christmas this year, as yesterday we had to put our beloved Bichon Frise, Taz, to sleep. We are heartbroken. I know it was the best thing to do for him but it still doesn't make it any easier. I know that time is a great healer and hopefully by the time Christmas comes around I will be looking forward to it again. :(

Sorry for your loss :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement