Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

leahyl wrote: »
    Been pinning a lot of Christmas pics on pinterest in the last few days - I'd say my followers are wondering what the hell is wrong with me!

Spotted that alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

The grinch is on film 4 tomorrow @4.45pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My mam woke the house up this morning by playing a new Christmas CD :)

5 months to Christmas eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Ran out of my usual scented candles so i broke into my Christmas stock, my house is now smelling like a big Christmas tree 🎄

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love this thread it never fails to make me smile knowing there's bit of Christmas spirit happening all over the place all year round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

*Looks at the date on the computer*

It's the 25th again.

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

One of my Co workers said she went to buy a birthday card for her son and then notice 2016 calenders and she told the shop keeper , that bit early
    then shop keeper replied there Xmas cards underneath them

Xmas cards in july now lol , never heard that before

5 months to day

Tindie wrote:
    One of my Co workers said she went to buy a birthday card for her son and then notice 2016 calenders and she told the shop keeper , that bit early then shop keeper replied there Xmas cards underneath them

What shop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well guys it's been over 2 weeks since our beloved Taz passed on and I have still been coming onto this forum to be cheered up and ye are doing a top job - keep it up! Anyway, we got his ashes back yesterday, so he is home with us again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Well guys it's been over 2 weeks since our beloved Taz passed on and I have still been coming onto this forum to be cheered up and ye are doing a top job - keep it up! Anyway, we got his ashes back yesterday, so he is home with us again!

Sorry to hear about Taz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I remember when I got my beloved cat's ashes back, it was almost as bad as losing him. It just all seemed so final and I was devastated. :(
    That's a lovely memorial box you have for him.
    I hope you and yours are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances. xx

Nearly, just nearly, done my pressys.... Just have to choose how to wrap them!
    Boxed? Paper? Hamper? sooo many choices! :P
    oh was talking to a cashier in dealz, and of course with the xmas excitement, I had to ask when the their stock was going to be in, and he gave me a very confused look (I'm getting quite sick of it when I mention Christmas!!!) And they said it will be starting in around September, that just made the clock in my head scream TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!!
    Realisation hit that it's actually quite soon, well, to me it is!!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

SMJSF wrote: »
    Nearly, just nearly, done my pressys.... Just have to choose how to wrap them!
    Boxed? Paper? Hamper? sooo many choices! :P
    oh was talking to a cashier in dealz, and of course with the xmas excitement, I had to ask when the their stock was going to be in, and he gave me a very confused look (I'm getting quite sick of it when I mention Christmas!!!) And they said it will be starting in around September, that just made the clock in my head scream TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!!
    Realisation hit that it's actually quite soon, well, to me it is!!! :O

I hate that look ! I was in homestore and more the other day looking for serving spoons to add to my collection and when I asked a girl working their she said they had none but would expect them in around august / September as the season shifts to a more wintery feel and they start getting ready for Christmas !

Side note ladies ! If you go onto argos online and type in christmas you can actually order a christmas tree , depending on your store , for collection! Yes I was shopping shameless for another christmas tree in july :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I was so sorry to hear about the passing of your dog Taz. The box is just stunning and elegant and the picture clearly shows how important Taz is to you. You did a lovely job remembering him in such a sweet way xx

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    yyeeekkkk!!!!
    I think the first Irish Christmas site which is up to date for 2015! :p:D:eek:
    http://www.ibelieveinchristmasdublin.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Amazing find! The I believe in Christmas sounds like a great concept. Looking forward to seeing the giant Rockefeller style Christmas tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Let's all keep the fingers firmly crossed that it's nothing like what they've done for Christmas in the past there. The market there was always like the Stephen's Green one last year but much more rubbish. :pac: Looks good though.

There's a new Christmas film coming out. This one is very NSFW or kids so don't watch it if you boss or your child is around!

Ah Bobblehead Panda, what is up with the name and avatar change :(

Nobody likes change! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That looks brilliant!!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

:D

Yes, I have been told several times by someone else to change it back!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's who you are! I was very confused there for a while. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »

Nobody likes change in the Christmas forum! We like tradition!

Tomorrow is August! Soon we'll be hearing complaints about how the shops are selling Christmas stuff too early. \o/

So I came home from work to see these hanging up on my neighbours washing line.

I never realised they were Christmas nuts too haha.

15x74at.jpg

Happy August everyone, I'm loving how busy the forum is getting the closer we're getting to Christmas! :)

I'm watching Step Brothers and there's a Christmas bit in it. So nice to hear Christmas music in a non-Christmas film.

I'm watching Step Brothers and there's a Christmas bit in it. So nice to hear Christmas music in a non-Christmas film.

Same I'm watching Season 2 of the Wrong Mans and it's based all around Christmas time but it doesn't feature Christmas that much, except the odd bit of Christmas music in the background, but the music was enough to make me want to log on here and post haha!

The Wrong Mans is really good. I forgot that it's Christmas in season 2. Christmas should be in everything really. :D

I wore my Christmas earrings today. I think they weather is throwing me off. :p

• Advertisement

Both seasons of The Wrong Mans are amazing! Just on a scene now and a brass band are playing Silent Night in the background, such beautiful music.

Also you'd be forgiven for thinking it's Winter out there the weather is awful!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement