Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle Utd vs Chelsea FA Premier League K.O 15:00

• 02-02-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Tough one for the Blues today, hoping for a win but that depends on witch of the teams show up, Jekyll or Hyde.

If Torres starts over Ba today it will be an aberration and anything less than a win and Rafa's time at the club could be over!

Ba and Terry start! I'm a bit more optimistic now. Full team;

Chelsea - Cech, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Ivan, Lampard, Rameries, Bertrand, Mata, Oscar, Ba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Ba and Terry start! I'm a bit more optimistic now. Full team;

Chelsea - Cech, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Ivan, Lampard, Rameries, Bertrand, Mata, Oscar, Ba.

Somewhat better but ram and lamps in midfield is very underwhelming. I suppose with mikel, luiz and romeu out he has no other options. Glad to see ivan back to RB, his best position IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Someone please stop Rafa playing Bertrand left wing. It's pointless and offers us nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Someone please stop Rafa playing Bertrand left wing. It's pointless and offers us nothing.

still don't understand this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Is Moses injured?

Obviously Hazard is banned and Marin hasn't been up to much but surely Moses offers more than Bertrand?

Must be something about him if he was good enough to play in the latter stages of the CL last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Moses is at the Africa Cup of Nations

He is pretty much the only option we have besides Marin.

He is pretty much the only option we have besides Marin.

Ye Marin has been poor but he hasn't had a run of games at all. Maybe if we gave hin a few starts back to back he might produce. He is certainly more of a threat than Bertrand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

You just know Ba will score.

Newcastle starting well, Chelsea can't get a touch! What is with the music blaring out???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Idiots booing Ba.........

Does any coaches do anything at Chelsea at all. Rameries makes one of them 2 footed tackles every single game, shocking! Take him aside and tell him to stop it.

Unlucky Ba, that was a very dangerous tackle by Collichini!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Could easily have been a peno there, it's a foul anywhere else on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Super save from Cech. Shouldn't have been given the chance though. Have to bury it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Great save.......

Essien wrote: »

Should have been a peno, simple as that:(

Super save cech

Poor from Cisse, should be ahead there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Shocking miss from Papiss.

Ba and Colo looked more like a coming together to me :P

Essien wrote: »
    Webb is an absolute bottler. Ba can't go on with that yoke on his face surely?

What a cross and what a header. Brilliant.

Get in, where are all you toon Jonas haters now eh????

What a finish! Howay.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

DAMNIT !!!!
    Great goal though...

bazual wrote: »

He has no attacking threat at all. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Delighted for Jonas. You could see it meant a lot to him as he knows he's struggling lately.

Game over:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What a ball! What a header!

FFS Ba off now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

bazual wrote: »

0 goals and 0 assists before today, I think it may have been justified :pac:

All is forgiven now though :D

Newcastle score, Torres comes on, bleak times at Chelsea.

• Advertisement

We are sh!te under rafa. But no luck from the ref means we have literally 0% chance of getting anything from this game.

0 goals and 0 assists before today, I think it may have been justified :pac:

All is forgiven now though :D

Last 2 games he is playing where he should play. Midfield and left midfield is not his strongest but on the right of that top 3 he is decent. Must admit his crossing is woeful today though but you gotta love that work ethic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

MUSEIST wrote: »
    We are sh!te under rafa. But no luck from the ref means we have literally 0% chance of getting anything from this game.
    Isn't that abramovichs fault, or can he not be criticised incase he takes he's cheque book and goes home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wow Benitez is doing an awful job.

Went from 4 points behind the leaders to 13, didn't win the CWC, got knocked out of the league cup.

• Advertisement

Isn't that abramovichs fault, or can he not be criticised incase he takes he's cheque book and goes home?
    He's got a squad of quality players and not getting results. That's the managers fault.

Unless abramovich is telling rafa exactly what tactics to use then I don't see how it's romans fault that benitez fails at basic managerial abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Another very good first half performance and even a rare Gutierrez goal.

But fearful we will see the usual ultra negative and sloppy second half display.

Newcatle should really put this dismal chelsea team to the sword in the second half. It's been almost 15 years since chelsea had a team this poor. (injuries and suspensions don't help)

TaosHum wrote: »
    Another very good first half performance and even a rare Gutierrez goal.

But fearful we will see the usual ultra negative and sloppy second half display.

Agreed, will be worrying to see what team comes out in second half. Hopefully though with the crowd behind them to drive them forward we might nick a point or even dare I say it a win.

Pathetic. There's only so long you can put up with this directionless football and I don't know about anyone else but I've hit my breaking point.

I don't care what any of the media say, Lampard is finished as a top class midfielder. If we are to actually adapt a fluid passing game he simply can't be the midfield heart of it, dismal half. Ramires isn't much better on the ball.

The forward line is so slow. Mata and Oscar are unlikely to sprint away from anyone, Torres has little pace these days and Bertrand has neither the killer pace nor the ability to threaten the Newcastle back line. Pace to turn a backline is so important in the Premier League, we simply haven't got it.

At the start of Rafa's reign his idea was clear to see. Two wingers stretching the play to give the striker space to run the channels. His wings aren't available to him, there's a ridiculous lack of a plan B and Oscar and Bertrand were never going to play like Hazard and Moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Dreading the Pardew HT team talk, typically poor in the second half

Hard to argue that NUFC deserve the lead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Enjoyed that first half. Time to hide behind the couch for the 2nd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Pathetic. There's only so long you can put up with this directionless football and I don't know about anyone else but I've hit my breaking point.

I don't care what any of the media say, Lampard is finished as a top class midfielder. If we are to actually adapt a fluid passing game he simply can't be the midfield heart of it, dismal half. Ramires isn't much better on the ball.

The forward line is so slow. Mata and Oscar are unlikely to sprint away from anyone, Torres has little pace these days and Bertrand has neither the killer pace nor the ability to threaten the Newcastle back line. Pace to turn a backline is so important in the Premier League, we simply haven't got it.

At the start of Rafa's reign his idea was clear to see. Two wingers stretching the play to give the striker space to run the channels. His wings aren't available to him, there's a ridiculous lack of a plan B and Oscar and Bertrand were never going to play like Hazard and Moses.
    None of which were bought by benitez. Maybe its time some of the well paid players took someof the stick from the chelsea fans.

Or maybe its just easier to blame a manager that has been booed by he's own fans from day one!

yup, Lampard is past it alright. Balls!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement