Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone fit for the job?

Options
  • 02-02-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Also posted in camper section:

I am writing this with a degree of frustration! I've been researching/pricing some work on my van now for a number of months, and to this day, following many many request for quotes, phone calls, meetings, texts, etc etc I am no where near where I want to be in regards to getting this done. I could name and shame on a long list all of the companies who have wasted my time and simply not bothered their arses in getting back to me with quotes! Hard to believe in these tough times where I thought people would be chasing me to get the job rather than me chasing them to get a simple idea on price!

Here is what I need priced: I need a table fabricated and installed in the rear of my crew cab van, along with some electrical equipment hard wired (tv monitor, led lighting, USB charging points, av inputs, double socket with 240v power run off a split charge system with 120-200amph battery system) I am trying to find someone who can do the whole job, rather than going to separate people to keep the cost down.

I've spent the morning looking for new companies to contact about this work, but the candle is almost burnt out.

The job needs to be of a high standard and finish, and needs to be reliable and of a good quality.

Can somebody please please point me in the right direction!! Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I know towing equipment can do this kinda stuff, especially the table however you'd really want an auto electrician to do the rest of it right.

Try towing equipment for the table and fit out and sound decision for the electrical work.

I know it's two different suppliers but it allows for the best quality of work and shouldn't cost much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

Have you tried Wilker in Offaly?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

OP you'll prob get much more info in Motorhomes and Campervans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Buffman wrote: »
    Have you tried Wilker in Offaly?

I've used Wilker for something similar in the back on 2 x Land Rover Discoveries. We also used a company in Germany to kit Mercedes Vito vans in a similar way.
    Wilker have a fantastic set up Clara, they do a lot of Army, NHs Ambulance kit-outs, ESB vans, Garda car fit-outs & much more. They can definitely do it whatever it is you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

dgt wrote: »
    OP you'll prob get much more info in Motorhomes and Campervans :)

these lads are great

http://www.cosyclassics.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 conor_vector

I didn't come across wilker i will give them a bell on Monday. I've also posted this in the camper section thanks!

Advertisement