Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early bird suggestion (space for a buggy!) Dublin city centre

Options
  • 02-02-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

So as title suggests I'm looking for a few suggestions!
    Meeting a friend and her new baby for a bite to eat around 6 this evening.
    We're heading into Dublin city centre and want something cheap n cheerful really but space for a buggy is important! Anywhere I can think of either involves steps or doesn't seem big enough for a buggy.
    Doesn't have to do an EB but we're looking for something reasonable.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Lots of places don't do early birds on a Saturday, and I really wouldn't think that bringing a baby into town on a Saturday night would be a great idea. Consider the gastropubs maybe like the Waterloo on Upper Baggot Street or the Bank on Dame Street.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Possibly Ristorante Romano on Capel Street next to Pantibar, though I don't think many places will be mad keen on kids on a Saturday night. Might be worth ringing them to see. 01 872 6868

Very reasonable prices - here's their menu:http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/city_centre/city_centre_north/ristorante_romano/menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

athtrasna wrote: »
    Lots of places don't do early birds on a Saturday, and I really wouldn't think that bringing a baby into town on a Saturday night would be a great idea.

I am sure the OP appreciates your parenting advise.... not so sure thats what she was asking for though. OP maybe Ely Gastropub in the docklands? Very wide spaces...not sure about the earlybird though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

We are not having the bringing your baby into a restaurant/town debate again. Please and Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I've done Saturday evening early birds in Fallon & Byrnes with kids. Great food, good couches at some of the tables if mama wants to feed Baba, attentive staff, changing facilities, lots of room, the lift is on the left after the newspaper stand in the market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

MarkMc wrote: »
    We are not having the bringing your baby into a restaurant/town debate again. Please and Thank You

Apologies...I wasn't trying to get into that, was making the point that Saturday nights can be manic. Personally it's not a night I'd choose to go into town very often as a 30-something, I like to be able to have a chat over my meal.

Would be interested to hear where the OP ended up, I actually was in town last night and was thinking of the OP as it was really busy really early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Thats no problem at all :)

Advertisement