Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement barrel?

Options
  • 02-02-2013 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a replacement barrel for a .22 cz 452?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I could be wrong, and if someone with more knowledge than me can answer better by all means do so, but i believe CZ use a "solder" method when installing their barrels. Meaning there is no threading on the barrel, and it does not just screw in or out.

Not to say a replacement barrel cannot be gotten, but the issue could be can it be changed. If they do not use a thread on their barrel then it means the action is not threaded so both barrel, and action would need to be threaded. The problem here is is there enough material on the action to allow a gunsmith to thread the action to allow a replacement barrel to be fitted.

As said at the start i could be wrong. I know they do this on some of their rifle such as the CZ550, etc. so not too sure how accurate it is on their rimfire models.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Is it possible to get a replacement barrel for a .22 cz 452?
    Hi wildfowler , i think the cz452 has a 20mm X 1.25mm pitch . So im sure you could get it rebarreled .Regards,Tomcat.

Just after doing some quick checking. The 452 is thread cut at 19/20 x 1.25 so a replacement barrel is an option.

From all the info i've found it seems to a pig to get off but can be done.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

It's the CZ750 target / sniper rifle that the barrel can't be changed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Sounds an expensive alternative to buying a new gun to me.

Have you actually shot out a .22 barrel? If so, then you've achieved something, that's for sure. Shooting a CZ rifle at least twice a week for forty years in our gun club hasn't managed to do it yet.

I have a .22 rifle over a hundred years old that is still very accurate, and six others between fifty and eighty-five years old that are still better shooters than I am.

tac

• Advertisement

Hi Tac ,im guessing the OP is looking to replace the barrel in the pursuit of better accuracy . I could be wrong but i doubt the barrel is burn out .
    Regards Tomcat .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Im getting it threaded for a Mod and the current barrel has some rust and wear on it.

Im getting it threaded for a Mod and the current barrel has some rust and wear on it.
    Hi wildfowler,i dont think you can get a direct replacement aftermarket barrel unless CZ will sell one .Even then, for the money you spend its prob. cheaper just to trade in for a new rifle .
    Is it not shooting good or what ?
    Regards ,Tomcat.

its shooting ok but its got some bad marks on it and its well rusted in spots.

its shooting ok but its got some bad marks on it and its well rusted in spots.
    Hi wildfowler, rust and marks on the outside or inside of the barrel ?
    Regards,Tomcat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Fergal White will do it for ya, i was talking to him last week and he sayed he can if ya wish.
    Contact him (086) 326 0735
    Hope this helps

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Hi wildfowler, rust and marks on the outside or inside of the barrel ?
    Regards,Tomcat.

Outside just doesn't look right.

Outside just doesn't look right.
    Hi wildfowler,its sounds it could be a simple fix ,then .Birchwood Casey PERMA BLUE kit and strip down barrel and re-blue it .I done my own 40+y/o .22lr a few weeks ago .Got the rifle cheap with rust and some light pitting on the out site of barrel and trigger guard .Turned out like new after a few hours of work .
    Regards,Tomcat.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hollow point

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Hi wildfowler,its sounds it could be a simple fix ,then .Birchwood Casey PERMA BLUE kit and strip down barrel and re-blue it .I done my own 40+y/o .22lr a few weeks ago .Got the rifle cheap with rust and some light pitting on the out site of barrel and trigger guard .Turned out like new after a few hours of work .
    Regards,Tomcat.
    What about cerakote i have seen a couple of guns done and they looked the business

What about cerakote i have seen a couple of guns done and they looked the business
    Hi hollow point,cerakote i a very nice job when done tidy .Dom in Wexford (0539255667) cerakote rifles .
    With my old .22lr i wanted it back as original so rubbed down the old barrel and re-blued it .I think the kit was around 15 euro plus some fine wet and dry and 00 steel wool .Lots of references on net about home cold blueing .
    Regards ,Tomcat.

It's the CZ750 target / sniper rifle that the barrel can't be changed on.

That's the one. Weird way to fit a barrel, i think.

Advertisement