Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes watching Setanta via the Eircom SportsHub?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

The sync to the main socket is showing -  7168 kbps

There would be no adjustments made in terms of the speed / profile if any customer has signed up for eircomSportsHub.
    I am sorry that I did not get back to you sooner in relation to your previous post.
    Online support advised that due to a number of customers having issues streaming sportshub live on the 1500kbps option when they are on the NGB Regular.

"There have been changes to the settings on the new player. This is to accommodate more customers to view the stream at the same time. Which is why the streaming options have been reduced from 1500kbps to 850kbps"

This was the best way to reduce any possible streaming issues to eircom broadband customers as a whole. I appreciate there are customers who did not have any problems streaming at 1500kbps on the NGB regular, the change was not meant to penalise those customers.
    However in order to effect the change and improve the service for customer having issues the streaming had to be based on the individual broadband packages.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Thanks Mark.

With regards to the line itself, previous to this, the synch was 8160 kbps. Any reason why this changed? Can it be only changed manually, i.e. by Eircom?

Speeds were as shown on the attached image posted in post #22.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Can you do a quick modem re-set - http://bit.ly/H6Ligw

Also go through the broadband checklist - http://bit.ly/PIBDSK
    To see if there is any change.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark. Will be able to check this evening. Will post then.

I will follow up with you next week.

I have sent your details to online support to look into your March bill as well.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark. Tried these suggestions. No change.

However, I think I'd be happy enough for the sync to remain at this setting (7168 kbps) than the previous higher one (8160). The DSL noise margin is higher than before (ranging 13.5 to 15 dB). This is a better reading for that I believe.

Is the Setanta service down this afternoon? Player doesn't seem to be working. Blank screen, plus just says "opening".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Is the Setanta service down this afternoon? Player doesn't seem to be working. Blank screen, plus just says "opening".

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Have you updated your silverlight to the newer silverlight 5 version?

New version is  Silverlight 5 (5.1.20125.0)

Older version is Silverlight 5 (5.1.10411.0)

Regards

Alan

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Have you updated your silverlight to the newer silverlight 5 version?

New version is Silverlight 5 (5.1.20125.0)

Older version is Silverlight 5 (5.1.10411.0)

Regards

Alan

Have the new version Alan. Uninstalled and reinstalled. No change. Plugin enabled in Firefox.

Same with IE9 as well. Not working.

Also tried with a laptop running Firefox 20 and IE10. Same result, player showing blank screen and "opening".

Have the new version Alan. Uninstalled and reinstalled. No change. Plugin enabled in Firefox.

Same with IE9 as well. Not working.

Also tried with a laptop running Firefox 20 and IE10. Same result, player showing blank screen and "opening".

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

I have noticed that your routers firmware is in need of a firmwareupgrade, this may or may not contributing to the issue however it is best to be running of the latest firmware update to ensure steady speeds. Please send me a PM including your email address and I shall email you the upgrade file and instructions on how to upload.

Also, please follow this link for FAQ'shttp://eircomsports.eircom.net/Setanta/Help.aspx

If the above information does not help, I would advise checking thatyour Primary and secondary DNS settings are applied as displayed below:

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

Unfortunately, that Is the best advice I can offer and If the aboveinformation does not resolve this issue please contact broadband support on 1890260260 (option 0) for further assistance.

Best wishes

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

I have noticed that your routers firmware is in need of a firmwareupgrade, this may or may not contributing to the issue however it is best to be running of the latest firmware update to ensure steady speeds. Please send me a PM including your email address and I shall email you the upgrade file and instructions on how to upload.

Also, please follow this link for FAQ'shttp://eircomsports.eircom.net/Setanta/Help.aspx

If the above information does not help, I would advise checking thatyour Primary and secondary DNS settings are applied as displayed below:

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

Unfortunately, that Is the best advice I can offer and If the aboveinformation does not resolve this issue please contact broadband support on 1890260260 (option 0) for further assistance.

Best wishes

Al

Thanks Alan. PM sent.

Logged into my router. Primary and secondary DNS settings are what you listed.

Thanks Alan. PM sent.

Logged into my router. Primary and secondary DNS settings are what you listed.

Ok, I've just sent you the firmware update now.

Regards

Al

Ok, I've just sent you the firmware update now.

Regards

Al

Router upgrade done. Setanta working now. Thanks Alan.

Router upgrade done. Setanta working now. Thanks Alan.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

It really was just a guess but I'm very happy to hear this.

Regards.

Al

Advertisement