Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clinique 123 step

• 02-02-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Does anyone here use Clinque 123 step? I've been using these products for type 2 skin and have found it to be pretty good. I find it leaves my skin feeling fresh and looking clear.

However I was speaking to my beautician and she told me the 123 step is actually damaging for your skin, because the toner contains alcohol.

Has anyone any experiences of using Clinque? Its pretty expensive for it not to be off some use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I used it years ago, before I know any better; and it destroyed my skin. It took me years to recover from that. But my skin has never been normal or unproblematic since then. I used only half of all steps. Clinique may have other good products but 3-step is horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I used to have really good skin when I was in my teens and then it just turned to crap when I was in my later teens/early 20s. I had a friend at the time that used the 1-2-3 step program (with good results - she raved about it) so I gave it a go - it was really expensive and my skin was very bad while on it. I kept it going for as long as I could with it to make sure it wasn't an initial reaction (in the hope my skin would settle) but it just didn't work for me.

I have used Clinique stuff since (skin care and make up) and have found the whole range pretty poor, with the exception of one or two items. I, personally, wouldn't recommend Clinique to anyone, esp not the 1-2-3 steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I used it for a good two years. I liked it at the time but it actually didn't do anything for my skin which is prone to blemishes. The only reason I stopped using it was because I couldn't afford it anymore. I switched to a brand called naked for cleanser, toner and eye makeup remover and boots botanics for moisturiser. My skin cleared up completely after 2 months using the new products. I had loads of the clinique toner left over and recently went to use it up. I've found I've broken out in blemishes again. Now that could be hormonal or just that I'm prone to bad skin but I'll be interested to see if it clears up now that I've finished the 3 step.
    Overall, I don't think it's worth the money. There's cheaper things out there that give more visible results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I used it for a few months. At the beginning it was great but then it just destroyed my skin. I went to get a facial and the beautician knew straight away that I'd been using it. My skin was always okay and it was a battle to get it back to somewhere close to the way it used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've found it dries out your skin horribly and is just very harsh overall. Definitely wouldn't recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭kiva989

Thanks for all the input! Think I'll finish out what I have left (cause its so expensive) and then try to find a new product!

Advertisement