Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Northland Trilogy by Stephen Baxter

Options
  • 02-02-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi Guys
    I got a book from the library today, called Iron Winter. I have read quite a few novels by Baxter and I like him.
    I didnt realise the book I took out is the final novel in the trilogy, should I hold off on reading this one till I have read the preceding two novels?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks. If you have read all books, how would you rate it, would you recommend the trilogy?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Nearly bought this the other day. Big fan of Baxter so I'd be confident it's a solid trilogy. I read Flood and Ark last year and really enjoyed them.

DEFINITELY don't read that third book until you've read the first one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks Dadres.
    I also read and REALLY enjoyed Flood and Ark, in fact, I was tempted to try to contact the author to see if he had any plans to write a 3rd book in that series....
    OK I will hold off on reading Iron Winter and try to read the other first.
    thanks!

Advertisement