Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 620

Options
  • 02-02-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what price this will be in ireland? I'm either going to get this or the samsung s3 mini which is 250 euro, if they're around the same price i'll buy the samsung, if there's around a 50 euro or more difference i'll go with the nokia. Just hoping vodafone won't put up the price of the samsung while i'm waiting, which is why i'm wondering if anyone has an idea of the nokias price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The 620 works out at about €265 if you order it from clove.co.uk - the s3 mini seems to be about €305 on clove. Both sim free. On contract both should be cheaper, if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

Thinking of getting the 620 too and just found it for €279 from http://www.phonesonline.ie/nokia-lumia-620-black-sim-free.html. Has anyone bought from them? they seem to be based in Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

The 620 works out at about €265 if you order it from clove.co.uk - the s3 mini seems to be about €305 on clove. Both sim free. On contract both should be cheaper, if available.

the fact that the s3 mini is €250 on vodaone ireland, and not even that cheap in England, makes me want to stick with vodafone. considering the lumia's only about £150 in england i'm hoping to get it for less than €200 here, i'm just wondering if anyone has any info about the definite vodafone price. I only change phones around every 3 years and use very little credit due to free calls/texts, so payg should work out much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

BostonB wrote: »

argos also have the s3 mini at €380, so hopfully vodafone will do a better price on the lumia than them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

check out the o2 uk website for the lumia 820

today only it will be 120 pounds

usual trick with parcel motel did the job for me :D

Can you use the UK one here or will it have to be unlocked? If so where unlocks them. Windows phone seem t be a lot hard to get unlocks for.

from reading the thread on hukd it seems that the chances of getting a locked one are 50/50

also i'd say its just a matter of time til it will be possible to unlock it via software like other lumias (check the xda forum) because its quite new

I could grow old searching xda forum.

• Advertisement

I think its a bit early to buy a 620 or 820 based on that. I would bought an 800 before now but I couldn't find an unlock for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

I think its a bit early to buy a 620 or 820 based on that. I would bought an 800 before now but I couldn't find an unlock for it.
    If you buy from Carphone Warehouse in the UK as far as I know they are all unlocked handsets. Certainly I got a 710 from them last year on promo (99Stg) and using it here no probs.

Neffa2 wrote: »
    If you buy from Carphone Warehouse in the UK as far as I know they are all unlocked handsets. Certainly I got a 710 from them last year on promo (99Stg) and using it here no probs.

Thats pretty much hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

Thats pretty much hit and miss.

I don't think so.

In any case, got a Lumia 620 from Virgin in Manchester, it was unlocked when I got it. £159. Pretty decent, I think.

mine was locked to o2 but i got someone with an o2 contract in the uk to help me out getting a code so no probs, sim card of the contract didnt have to be in the phone or anything. the only branding is an o2 logo at the start

all 620s seem to have one issue though

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-620/213475-check-your-lumia-620-screen.html

multitouch doesnt go beyong 3 or 4 while not charging the phone , and up to 7-8 while charging

it seems there is a grounding issue with it

i dont really think its a major problem for an average user but might be if used for gaming

i have an s3, and while android its miles ahead for apps, i really like the interface of windows 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If you ask when buying from CPW is it unlocked, you'll get an unlocked one AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Had mine with a month or so now, fantastic piece of kit, not missing my iPhone 4 much, other than comixology. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

anyone go from a lumia 800 to this? Any downsides?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It's €179 on O2. Pity vodafone don't sell it.

Does anyone know if its locked on O2 Ireland?

Advertisement