Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT practice question scoring

Options
  • 02-02-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Doing the GAMSAT for the first time in March. What sort of scores were people getting before they did GAMSAT and were you pleasantly surprised in the actual exam? A little bit worried that my scores aren't great with averages of about 55%-60%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dmeskell

I was consistently getting between 40 and 48 in all of my practice tests, and they were getting lower as I got closer to the exam so I was freaking out haha. I was scoring all my essays at 50% so I guess that would have brought down my score, but I didn't want to get over confident in my practice scores. I ended up getting a 60 in my actual gamsat, so I'd say keep practising, the time keeping and getting used to the style of the question is much more important than the actual practise score you get I'd say! Also, the structure of your essays is very important, I'd recommend griffiths gamsat book, they give a really good template for the essays and generally good gamsat advice

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

GAMSAT scores are not a percentage and you cannot connect a percentage of correct questions with a GAMSAT score. Don't even try, it's a waste of time.

You can get some idea here: http://www.blog.prepgenie.com/gamsat-scores-calculation/ but it is not possible to know exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gh1

I see I see, it was just because in the Griffiths Gamsat review he goes through a loose way of estimating your percentile based on your percentage so was just wondering how others did in the run up to the test.

Advertisement