Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-Op in America

• 02-02-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10

I'm hoping to get Co-Op in America and it'll last 8 months starting next January.
    I'm trying to avoid the co-op office for now...
    What would be the easiest/cheapest way to get a visa for the 8 months ?
    I think the J1 only lasts 4 months :confused:
    Any help is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 MrAndyCapp

Only getting around to replying now. That's a lot of information that the coop office seemed to 'leave out' of their presentations. I'll keep all that in mind. Thanks very much for your help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 MrAndyCapp

No bother any questions fire away

If I think of any more I'll let you know.
    Again, thanks very much for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

No bother any questions fire away

Can you tell me about pay, like besides the experience whats that like. Also would you reccomend it :)

<snip deleted post>

Thanks for the honesty man. Its just like Ive always wanted to go there, and now that I can Im not sure if I want to experience that kind of side of it. If you catch my drift.
    Plus would you make back the flight money you have to spend. Is it 6 or 8 months? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

<snip deleted post>

To repeat that and add emphasis. You'll be working for 6-8 months on coop. The work you do (the work you're given to do) will probably be the single largest determining factor in how your enjoy the time, more than money. It has nothing to do with the size or reputation of the company. It's more down to trust, reliability, responsibleness, and sheer luck.

• Advertisement

<snip deleted post>

Again thanks for the help. Ha the place I wanted to go was California, to work on software. But I guess besides the (c.v experience) it doesnt seem too appealing at the minute, unless I was to get a company I really wanted to work for. You llloking forward to coming back home :P

Advertisement