Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property in Finglas / Ballygall

Options
  • 02-02-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

We want to buy in next few months, budget of 200 k. Been looking around Ballygall area, what kind of place is this to live? We have a toddler who will be going to school next year, so good schools are important. Also don't want to be too far away from town. Ideal location would be Glasnevin, but obviously this is way outside of our budget. What are people's thoughts on Ballygall, particularly Ballygall Crescent. I know Finglas has sometimes got a bad rep, but surely it's like everywhere else-there are dodgy parts in places. We are currently living in Stoneybatter which also has bad rep (particularly with southsiders), but we 've been happy here for years (just need a bit more space and a garden). Any thoughts or views on Ballygall (or any areas we should avoid?). Thanks, any advice would be much appreciated!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Personally, I'd stay clear of anything between Glasanaon Road and the N2.
    There are a lot of good people around Ballygall/Tolka Estate and the surrounding area but I wouldn't choose to live there.
    At a push, hit the fringes around the south east - Ballygall Road East. Griffith Ave Ext end.
    Outside of that, St Canices, Beneavin, Hillcrest, Wadelai, Willow Park, Pinewood are all grand and you could probably get something with your budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Glenhill in Finglas is a lovely quiet estate.

My partners mother and father live there and there's never a peep out of any one. Close to shops, bus route into town, St. Canice's school within walking distance.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=701212

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

steer clear of west and south finglas and you will be fine!
    Im originally from finglas, and can recommend sacred heart primary school (ballygall) and aidans secondary in whitehall (not far at all).

Most places in east finglas are fine like:

Jamestown road
    Clancy road
    Oakwood
    McKee avenue and Road
    Sycamore road

pretty much all that area is quiet.

My granda still lives in ballygall, and although its quiet now, its not as nice as the above places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Theres nothing wrong with Ballygall Road. Its a good location and a grand area in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Cremore is nice enough - cousins grew up there, and my mam lived for a good while around the corner on Old Finglas Rd before she moved out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

jd wrote: »
    Cremore is nice enough - cousins grew up there, and my mam lived for a good while around the corner on Old Finglas Rd before she moved out.

Ah here, Cremore is the really expensive part of Glasnevin!(unless its part of Finglas East :))

To live in Ballygall is really down to which street you want to live on, different streets are not so nice but other streets are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Koala14

Thanks for all the advice folks-thinking that we'll stick to the Glasnevin end of Ballygall(if we can afford it!).

Advertisement