Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendations?

Options
  • 02-02-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Heading to Galway city next weekend & looking for restaurant recommendations: for lunch and fir dinner. Think Nimmo's is a given and Aniar just a bit too high-end. So.....where else?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Oscar's is always lovely in my experience. Great early bird menu. Try the ribs, they are phenomenal. They're also number one on tripadvisor.

Rouge is also good, but I tend to only go on weekdays because it's so packed on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

A few places gone or moved since the sticky. Time for a Recommendations update?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kai

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

Excellent set of responses! Thanks lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

So the gf is a vegetarian and I'd like to take her somewhere for valentines with more than one thing on the menu she can eat. Any where that fits the bill?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

So the gf is a vegetarian and I'd like to take her somewhere for valentines with more than one thing on the menu she can eat. Any where that fits the bill?

Again, Kai has a very good selection of Veggie Dishes.

Quay Street Kitchen has a lot of veggie options too and is lovely.

High Cafe is far less fancy and extremely cheap but the food is pretty good quality and it has tons of veggie options.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Seaneh wrote: »
    Again, Kai has a very good selection of Veggie dishes.

I was in there twice. It had a total of 5 mains and only one was a vegetarian option. To be honest it charges far too flashy prices for far too plain food.

At the level of cost per main course it's pricing itself with the big boys. The quality of food we got both times didn't justify the cost at all. Incredibly disappointed with it considering its recommended quite highly on here. There's no finesse to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Agree completely with the above. Vina Mara is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I think Venice is a quality Italian in the City and it rarely gets a mention on these types of threads - very authentic food and just plain tasty! Very nice, would highly recommend. Not very expensive either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I was in there twice. It had a total of 5 mains and only one was a vegetarian option. To be honest it charges far too flashy prices for far too plain food.

At the level of cost per main course it's pricing itself with the big boys. The quality of food we got both times didn't justify the cost at all. Incredibly disappointed with it considering its recommended quite highly on here. There's no finesse to it.

Agree, Kai is completely oversold. It's hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I think Venice is a quality Italian in the City and it rarely gets a mention on these types of threads - very authentic food and just plain tasty! Very nice, would highly recommend. Not very expensive either!

Went there a few weeks ago for first time and it was excellent. It kinda looks like a pizza cafe but it serves delicious pasta dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭StonedRaider

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Agree, Kai is completely oversold. It's hit and miss.

Sorry..but have to agree. Inconsistent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Its nice but i worry as their ingredients arent exactly top quality, had a chicken pasta bake and the chicken was clearly the prepacked sliced kinda stuff and not a fresh chicken breast, nice and friendly in there though and its a cosy spot too.

Advertisement