Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an insurance company give my medical file to an independent doctor

Options
  • 02-02-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can an insurance company give my medical file to an independent doctor?

I have recently received a report from my insurance company re an income protection claim, and it contained a report from an independent doctor that they had sent me to.

However it seems to me that this 'independent" doctor's opinion was based on more then the information that I gave him and the tests that he carried out during his examination.

I gave him a verbal account of my medical history and my present condition and reason for claim.

In his report, in his professional medical opinion he concurred with my medical history while rejecting my present testimony.

Can he use my verbal testimony to base his 'medical opinion' on ? and then decide what parts to choose to agree with or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Yes, the insurance company can give your medical file to a doctor. It will be part of the consent you signed on your claim form.]

Regarding his medical opinion I would assume it's based on his examination of you which agreed with your own doctor's opinion in your medical records.

Advertisement