Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTB: Giant Defy or Similar Road Bike

• 02-02-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am looking to buy a good used Giant Defy road bike. Preferably defy 2 or 3. Will also consider other brands Boardman Felt Trek etc.
    Size indefy is M/L or Large. I am 5"11 with inside leg of 32 inches

Minium groupset set I will accept is SORA or TIAGRA.

I am sure there are a lot of the "cycle to work" bikes laying idle out there. If you have a bike or know of someone please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

budget???

have something alright but itd be more expensive than a defy..
    colnago dream hx with 105 shimano..

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I have a defy 3 Advanced full 105 all carbon that I might sell 1K

• Registered Users Posts: 5 steelroe

countrykid wrote: »
    budget???

have something alright but itd be more expensive than a defy..
    colnago dream hx with 105 shimano..

cheers

Bit outside my budget to be honest. That is why I am going for the defy. Only starting out and don't want to spend a fortune. Will upgrade through the cycle to work scheme once I know whether I will take to cycling or not

Thanksfor the offer anyway

Carpenter wrote: »
    I have a defy 3 Advanced full 105 all carbon that I might sell 1K

Again thank for the offer but I have a max budget 500 to start with. Have missed a few defy's on donedeal over the last week for reasonable prices.
    JUst seen this one http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bicycles/4511478 but something not right, It looks like a 2010 Defy 4 to me but the owner reckons his son paid 2K for it including accessories. I dont see anything extra apart from the speedo and the lights, even the sheels and tyres are standard. Something not right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

steelroe wrote: »
    Again thank for the offer but I have a max budget 500 to start with. Have missed a few defy's on donedeal over the last week for reasonable prices.
    JUst seen this one http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bicycles/4511478 but something not right, It looks like a 2010 Defy 4 to me but the owner reckons his son paid 2K for it including accessories. I dont see anything extra apart from the speedo and the lights, even the sheels and tyres are standard. Something not right there.

Seriously overpriced. That bike has Sora kit fitted (pr perhaps even 2300) and at most would be worth €5-600 s/h. If he's stuck that in as an opening price, its probably unlikely he'll come down far enough to a realistic price. Probably best to look elsewhere......

• Advertisement

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Seriously overpriced. That bike has Sora kit fitted (pr perhaps even 2300) and at most would be worth €5-600 s/h. If he's stuck that in as an opening price, its probably unlikely he'll come down far enough to a realistic price. Probably best to look elsewhere......

you can buy a defy 4 new for around €700. I beleive it is a 2300 kit. Not sure where he is getting the 2K purchase price from, Max that bike is worth sh is around 350. Seen 2 go on donedeal for 300 last week.
    The search goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I have a 2011 Defy 3 in size large... Fizik Arione CX saddle... new rear casette.... new bottom bracket going in tomorrow hopefully.. look peddles... Good condition all round and hasn't missed a beat.

Upgrading myself. They are a great bike and regardless of me having one, I think they are a great way to start off. I'm in Dublin if you wanted to have a look

John
    I assume this is the model you have (with the shimano 2300) http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-GB/bikes/model/defy.3/7842/45448/#specifications

Advertisement