Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD PVR Installation problems

Options
  • 02-02-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I've had a HD PVR for a couple of years now, and have previously installed it successfully on two different laptops, I recently got a new laptop and have been trying to install the necessary drivers and software for my HD PVR on it.

Unfortunately, I have been....... very unsuccessful...., I have downloaded the necessary stuff, (I don't have the CD anymore) and have hit a snag at installing/updating the drivers. Every time I try to install the drivers, it says "Drivers have NOT been updated. Compatible hardware not found. <<click to exit>>"

I've searched for solutions to this problem, but every solution found is things I have already done, I already have the PVR plugged in, connected and turned on. I have tried all four of my 3.0 USB ports with no change. I have gone to device manager and uninstalled the HD PVR there. I have downloaded the latest HD PVR Driver Version and run it successfully, at least it says that all my drivers are up to date.

So to be honest, I am completely stumped, I can't find a solution anywhere. The only connected differences between my new laptop, and my old ones, are USB 3.0 ports, instead of 2.0. And Windows 8 operating system, instead of Windows 7.

If anyone has any clue what could be happening, I would love to know.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You've already done all the standard stuff, I'd suggest contacting Hauppage themselves!

Advertisement