Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will it take for my lip piercing to close??

Options
  • 02-02-2013 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently pierced my lip (monroe piercing) in December and today decided to take my piercing out to wash my piercing and to clean the inside of my mouth. (Bad idea because now i cannot get my piercing back in!) I tried lots of times to get my piercing back in but just gave up trying so I decide to let it close. How long will it take to close? I have school on monday and dont wanna look weird with a visible hole on my top lip!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If it's that new it could close at any time, might already be closed but you may still have a mark. The hole may go away very soon or may never. There's no guarantee!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

A girl I know took her piercing out last year and she still has the mark from it. So yeah, you might have that mark there for a very long time, or even forever. That's the way it goes unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

You could go in to a Tattoo/Piercing shop and they can put it back in for you. That wouldn't usually cost anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Normally you're always left with some kind of mark from a piercing. The hole will be closed but there could still be a noticeable mark from it. My lip piercing just refuses to close and there hasn't been a bar in it since well before Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I've still got noticeable marks from all four of the lip piercings I had and they've been empty for almost two years - I still get people saying "Oh I didn't know you have your lip pierced!" >:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement