Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get rust stains out of black/navy clothes

• 02-02-2013 8:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea How to get rust stains out of black/navy clothes. It cost me 60 euro and don't no how to get ride off it. I have way bed it 3 times to no avail thanks. Check photos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Is that definitely rust? It looks like bleach or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Is that definitely rust? It looks like bleach or something.

Could be bleach. But it's red the same cour I got off a bike on my jeans last weak but that came off with baby wiped this doesn't and I didn't cycle the bike wearing this :)

Any suggestions how to get it out if it I'd bleach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

If it's bleach it won't "come out", bleach takes the colour out of the material, nothing you can do about it on dark clothes as far as I know.

If it's bleach it won't "come out", bleach takes the colour out of the material, nothing you can do about it on dark clothes as far as I know.

I don't think it's bleach I'm 17 never touched the stuff and would bleach be red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Could it be that you spilled your aftershave/cologne on your clothes?

• Advertisement

Gyalist wrote: »
    Could it be that you spilled your aftershave/cologne on your clothes?

Haven't bought/used aftershave since I got that its only about 6 weeks old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

If it is rust you can put salt on the stain and squeeze some lemon juice over it and repeat the lemon bit when it dries. Do it for a day or so and wash. You might have to repeat but if it is rust the stain should be getting smaller.

meeeeh wrote: »
    If it is rust you can put salt on the stain and squeeze some lemon juice over it and repeat the lemon bit when it dries. Do it for a day or so and wash. You might have to repeat but if it is rust the stain should be getting smaller.

Thanks does this work ?
    Will it work after a month

I got some pretty old stains out of boyfriends t shirts this way. There is no time limit on it but it depends how big the stain is.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I got some pretty old stains out of boyfriends t shirts this way. There is no time limit on it but it depends how big the stain is.

If bits a big one could you not do it in patches

• Advertisement

If bits a big one could you not do it in patches

Sorry I should write intensive. I'm no expert but some stains were way more work than the others. I got everything out in the end. I think you can also buy some rust stain removers but I don't know where or which are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

It looks like bleach to me. Bleach is in many household things like kitchen sprays, floor sprays etc.
    If it is bleach then you will need to re-dye the whole item of clothing using something like Dylon (you can buy it in any supermarket).
    If its rust (which it doesn't look to be in my opinion), then I don't know if it will come out after all this time, especially as you have washed it multiple times at this stage!

Advertisement