Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 phase Sockets

Options
  • 02-02-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just doing a job where there are 2 3phase sockets i have them looped in 5 by 2.5 nymj connected through a 20 amp mcb and 3 phase rcd but have a nagging feeling i need to connect into a 3 phase isolator before cable goes into 1st socket any clarfication would be great cheers...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

One 3 phase socket per circuit would be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RedArse 13

ok it should'nt be a problem to change that thanks but does the supply need to be isolated before entering the socket?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

RedArse 13 wrote: »
    ok it should'nt be a problem to change that thanks but does the supply need to be isolated before entering the socket?

That is not a regulation, just check that it is not part of the job specification.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RedArse 13

its not on the spec thanks very much couldnt find it in the regs myself another opinion is great cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

RedArse 13 wrote: »
    its not on the spec thanks very much couldnt find it in the regs myself another opinion is great cheers

Yea one 3 phase point per circuit. Being a socket, the machine or appliance can be plugged out, which is as good a form of isolation as any.

• Advertisement
Advertisement