Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan

Options
  • 02-02-2013 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I have an CU account in one county - have less than 100euro in it and have not used it since 2011. If I wanted to move this account to Dublin as I now live in Dublin and wanted to get a loan out for about 2,000euro - would I be allowed do that or would I have to have more money in my account? Im in full time employment. Thanks for the info...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A 2k loan on 100 savings is unlikely, even as an established member. With a new CU, even less likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

BuffyBot wrote: »
    A 2k loan on 100 savings is unlikely, even as an established member. With a new CU, even less likely.

Really? My brother got a loan from the CU for 2,500euro as a new memeber - he had to lodge in 500euro. But he had alot of assets behind him - I have none! I guess all I can do is ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mrsnicey

I reckon as long as you can give your last 3 months wage slips, prove you have no major overdraft/big credit card debt/outstanding bank loans/HP loans, they should give you the 2k.

Advertisement