Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proteus

• 02-02-2013 10:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Another minimalist indie game in the Dear Esther / Journey style!

Had a quick whirl of it there, and it deserves a longer whirl by the looks of it. You have a small island to explore. There are secrets hidden around the place - some that change seasons, some that change the way you move, some that initially seem like neat little stylistic flourishes. It's relaxing and with a beautifully tranquil soundtrack.

But it is surely destined to be another game to divide people. Is it just a shallow tech demo? Too arty? Something in between? I have come to really appreciate these little experiments, but need more time on this before I make up my mind on it. It's extremely atmospheric on first contact, though!

Anyone else had a chance to give it a whirl? Available on Steam, or you can buy it with Steam Key and soundtrack through humble and the Proteus website itself. Works out about a euro fifty cheaper on the website.

Advertisement