Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing Tattoos

Options
  • 02-02-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this may sound stupid but I've been told its a big faux pas getting an original tattoo finished by 2 different artist's 7 years ago I had a black dragon done on my left shoulder to just above my elbow, now originally the plan was to have a framed design if thats the correct term so it didn't look like the tattoo was just stamped on and left there, now due to various issues over the years getting in the way including the tattoo shop closing its never been completed to what was planned, can or will another artist finish job for me with a new design to complement the original dragon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I had a piece started by Wojt last year, he has since left the country so next week Kris in Wildcat is finishing it off for me. It can be a common thing to happen, so you should be fine going to a different artist.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It all depends if the original artists work was good.If it was completely **** then another artist wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.They wouldnt want to be associated with a bad tattoo even if it wasnt theirs originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stonecutter01

Its not ideal but it happens and there are some very talented artists( world class even) out there who would do it for you if you explain the situation.

I actually think it's a bit inconsiderate when artists refuse to do this. I'm sure the inconvenience for them doing the tattoo is nothing compared to the person walking around with an unfinished or tattoo they don't like. The artist doesn't have to put it in their portfolio or sign their name on it. If someone asked who did their tattoo I'm sure they would explain so and so did it for me but it was originally done by this person etc.

Also I personally had a tattoo I hated and my favorite tattoo now is the one that now covered that up. You would think a tattoo artist might get a feeling of satisfaction from fixing a part of someones body that is making them self conscious or unhappy. Tattooing doesn't just have to be about having pics for the portfolio

Advertisement