Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Discovery's in Dublin

Options
  • 02-02-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Stopped off in a new coffee place on Wellington Quay called Dwarf Jar where I had the best hot chocolate I have ever had.

Think its only open a short while.

Thought I would start a thread on new businesses opening in Dublin that people have 'discovered' and want to tell others about...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

Best coffee in Dublin is in 3fe hands down. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Capri86 wrote: »
    Best coffee in Dublin is in 3fe hands down. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it

Where is it ? Love a good coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

tempura wrote: »
    Where is it ? Love a good coffee.

Lower Grand Canal Street.

The other poster is right on the coffee there, a different class compared to the chains

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chipped Nails

Camden Kitchen on yes you've guessed it - Camden street.Very good chicken & very friendly staff.It's been opened about a month now but only went in the other day and the chicken is really good,good enough to rival nandos IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

I go to the one on abbey street in the twisted pepper. Same small chain. Amazing coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Hi All,

Stopped off in a new coffee place on Wellington Quay called Dwarf Jar where I had the best hot chocolate I have ever had.

Think its only open a short while.

Thought I would start a thread on new businesses opening in Dublin that people have 'discovered' and want to tell others about...:D

I had a great mocha there last Sunday. Thinking of going there again in the morning :) Lovely warm criossant with it too!

Edit: Closed when I called by at 11am & midday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i think the coffee in bon expresso on mount street is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Capri86 wrote: »
    I go to the one on abbey street in the twisted pepper. Same small chain. Amazing coffee

Actually it changed hands recently. It's now called Vice Coffee Inc and I believe? owned by one of the baristas who worked there. Same staff are there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I must try that hot chocolate! I had an excellent one in The Sweetest Thing on Bachelor's Walk recently. Lovely and smooth, not too sickly sweet. They do a whole range of hot chocolates but I just got the regular, no marshmallows or cream crap :p

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Camden Kitchen on yes you've guessed it - Camden street.Very good chicken & very friendly staff.It's been opened about a month now but only went in the other day and the chicken is really good,good enough to rival nandos IMO

Are you sure you don't mean Camden Rotisserie? Camden Kitchen has been open a couple of years and is on Grantham Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Had some food in the Australian BBQ, tasty and fair price, deffo going back

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chipped Nails

faigs wrote: »
    Are you sure you don't mean Camden Rotisserie? Camden Kitchen has been open a couple of years and is on Grantham Street.

My mistake,I did mean Camden Rotisserie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Cafe Sols 2.50 tomatoe and basil soup! So cheap, so good and so much!:)

The tiny cafe at the back of daintree! You can enter through daintree or by going down a dodgy back alley! I found it by walking down the dodgy alley and my curiosity got the better of me so nice!:)

The Queen of tarts as well and kc peaches....the original one!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

The website for the place behind daintree;

http://www.thecakecafe.ie/

Great cupcakes and a great place for lunch in the Summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Had some food in the Australian BBQ, tasty and fair price, deffo going back

I thought the Australian BBQ was terrible. I found the food flavourless (had the burger and the ribs) plus the service was very bad. Might give it one more chance if you think it is good as I had high hopes for it

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Viet on Parnell Street. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Brioche on Aungier Street has the best coffee I've ever had in Dublin, it's of coarse dependent on who's making it, but weekday morning it's never failed me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Ben D Bus wrote: »

I had a great mocha there last Sunday. Thinking of going there again in the morning :) Lovely warm criossant with it too!

Edit: Closed when I called by at 11am & midday :(

Dwarf Jar is open again this morning. Closed for staff training last Sunday. The mocha here is REALLY good. As are the croissants!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Very strange name has it got a meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

There seem to be two new cafes open/opening :D One where O Connell newsagents used to be (deadly location for a coffee shop) called Max's Coffee I think. The other where sol used to be on dawson st, can't recall the name, the <name> coffee project(?). Must check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

greyed wrote: »
    There seem to be two new cafes open/opening :D One where O Connell newsagents used to be (deadly location for a coffee shop) called Max's Coffee I think. The other where sol used to be on dawson st, can't recall the name, the <name> coffee project(?). Must check them out.

Walter mittys?
    Never end up going in as coffee angel is around the corner and if I'm coming from the other side buzz fendels opened up a new bald barista!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Crackbird on dame street,fairly new.Went there the other nite and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I thought the Australian BBQ was terrible. I found the food flavourless (had the burger and the ribs) plus the service was very bad. Might give it one more chance if you think it is good as I had high hopes for it

I dunno what to make of it, went in once with one of the lads and had some of the pulled pork, was absolutely delicious, then went back a few weeks later with my lady, I ordered food for us both and payed for it, then I was kept waiting for 20 mins at the counter as they forgot my food, after giving me a bag of chips 10 minutes earlier...

I was with my gf and after singing their praises to her previously to arrival I just got my money back and gave them their half cold chips back....

Pity....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Fieldog wrote: »
    I dunno what to make of it, went in once with one of the lads and had some of the pulled pork, was absolutely delicious, then went back a few weeks later with my lady, I ordered food for us both and payed for it, then I was kept waiting for 20 mins at the counter as they forgot my food, after giving me a bag of chips 10 minutes earlier...

I was with my gf and after singing their praises to her previously to arrival I just got my money back and gave them their half cold chips back....

Pity....

Sounds like the same service when I was there. We were waiting 30 minutes for food and people who came after us got served before us which was annoying. When food came we then had to ask for knives and forks. The waitress forgot to bring them and so had to go and ask for them again

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

greyed wrote: »

I think the coffee project place (Walter Mitty's or something?) is still cafe sol, just new branding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

zega wrote: »
    Crackbird on dame street,fairly new.Went there the other nite and love it.

Not that new, but awesome all the same. As much as I dislike Joe Macken, he is a genius

Advertisement