Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some general questions

Options
  • 02-02-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I've been vaping now for almost 3 weeks.
    Got my Ego t starter kit with some juices, finished my pack of cigarettes and started vaping. It is brilliant and I am loving it!

I find myself wanting to buy lots of flavours and try them all out! lol!
    So is everyone the same? Do you eventually settle on flavours and mostly sticking to 2 or 3 or am I going to want to continue to try loads until I end up with a drawer full?

I got a clearomiser to try out some new liquids in. Are they similar to Cartomisers?

Also, I havent seen anyone use an e cigarette in a public area, has there been any problems for anyone that has done so? Going away for the weekend shortly and will want to vape in the hotel bar. Just want to aware if people have had issues.

Really enjoying this forum. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

No harm to ask the barman first, some can be thick about it, as for flavours I tried a good few but have stuck with one for over a year but everyone else here seems to chop and change alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Fair play on taking the plunge!! You'll never look back, you'll probably go a bit nuts initially, buying juice and atties. It does settle after a while. There's always new gear coming out, so if you're a bit of a gadget freak, it can become a bit of a hobby too....

Regarding vaping in the bar, just ask, or wander out to the smoking area....

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Thanks for replies!
    I was thinking I would ask the barman just out of courtesy and so if anyone said anything that he would know. So yep will def do that.

I love my little machine but in the last week find myself eyeing up other stuff that i've seen here and on fb. Kinda thinking i would save a few quid by not smoking but I reckon I will end up upgrading sooner than I thought! lol. Still learning and reading up on the better pieces of equipment as there is so much to figure out!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Easy to get hungup about trying out new flavours when you're starting out.

Try RY4. It does the job.

As regards using in bars/restaraunts etc, it's best to ask first.

As this scene is a new thing, we're ambassadors for it.

No point in putting people off it before it takes off big time, which it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Trying out juices and finding devices that work best for you is my biggest problem to be honest. I buy some juices and I hate them. At least 50% of the ones I've bought have ended up in a drawer. I plan on bringing some of them to the vapefest to swap or give away. (I know there's a forum on here for swapping them by post etc but I'm too lazy for that, in person is fine however)

I'm still not totally convinced of what is best for me. Still haven't tried half of what's out there. So far though what works best for me is eGo-Twist battery (So you can turn the power output of the battery up and down) plus a mini vivi nova (with the adaptor that makes the vivi nova and ego battery look really nice when connected together.

Juice wise I like a lot of vapour and not that much throat hit. So I get juices that have a decent amount of VG and 6-8mg of nicotine. I find that mixing my own juice gives me results that are basically as good as buying them already made and at full price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement