Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Stream Requests - In here Only

• 03-02-2013 12:24am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All,

We've been running a similar thread in the rugby forum for the past few months very successfully so with the start of the GAA Season upon us I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread here.

As you maybe aware, due to a new law it is now illegal for anyone to publicly display information on how to by-pass Copyright or Encryption protection, match streams "could" fall under that category so it is illegal to post links or information on how to get access to games without paying for it, this is why we currently delete any requests/links/information that are posted.

In the Rugby forum we have trialled a system where if someone is looking for a stream they post in a specific thread requesting that someone PMs them a link, Mods/The Public do not have access to your PMs so we don't know if anyone has shared information with you so we don't know if you are breaching the law or not, this system seems to be working at the moment so after discussing it with the other mods here we've decided to trial it here as well.

If you are in Ireland you will be able to view matches on whatever channel is showing it, RTE or TG4 or AerTV or

Rules
    DO NOT POST a link to any stream in this thread or any other thread, if you do you will be banned until after the game you have shared the link do.
    DO NOT POST links that carry a charge, most pay channels have a direct pay option, this is the only pay option that will be available through here.
    BE CIVIL, people are sharing information on how to save you money/time, if you ungrateful you will be banned.
    BE PATIENT, most streaming sites only show what's being shown shortly before the game, don't go looking for a link weeks/days in advance, you will be better off closer to kick off.
    This is the ONLY thread for stream requests, any threads started will be deleted.
    When you have received a working link edit your post stating you are now sorted DO NOT post a new post saying your a sorted.

This is just a trial for now and maybe taken down at any time, I would suggest that if you do get a link of someone that you save it for possible further use. This thread is also being reviewed by the Admins/Owners so be nice, big brother is watching :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

hi, i'm hoping to be able to watch the monaghan game this evening, but it's not benig shown on the telly as far as i can see. what are the chances of me being able to see this online? i'd appreciate any help or advice you fine folks could give me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

A link to the hurling would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Would also appreciate a stream for the monaghan match if anyone gets one. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

How would one get a stream for the Monaghan game when it's not on TV until the highlights on BBC and the Sunday Game?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

jethro081 wrote: »
    what are the chances of me being able to see this online? i'd appreciate any help or advise you fine folks could give me.

Zero I'd say. If it's not on a TV channel then I doubt that there's an online stream.

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    A link to the hurling would be great.

Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I'd love a link to the hurling also, I'm in the uk so it would be great to get one that will work here! Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Anyone have a link to the Tipp v Limerick game? Greatly appreciate a pm with one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Ponster wrote: »
    Zero I'd say. If it's not on a TV channel then I doubt that there's an online stream.

yeah, that was the fear. was just hoping someone might know of some magical place where there are games as far as the eye can see. a championship nirvana not beholden to rte and the fact that nobody else wants to watch monaghan play antrim. :pac:

northern sound it is i'm afraid. i can now look forward to seventy minutes of not really knowing the score, and that bastard in cavan interrupting to tell us about horse racing or some other crap.

LostGirly wrote: »
    I'd love a link to the hurling also, I'm in the uk so it would be great to get one that will work here! Thanks in advance!
    Anyone have a link to the Tipp v Limerick game? Greatly appreciate a pm with one :)

Sent

Popping up onto the roof now for some sun (24C in NYC). If anyone needs the link to the Hurling I'll get them out just before it starts if someone here hasn't already helped you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Currently in the uk a stream for the hurling would be appreciated

Currently in the uk a stream for the hurling would be appreciated

Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Could somebody kindly link me to the Tipp v Lim match?

Could somebody kindly link me to the Tipp v Lim match?

sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

Any link for limerick v Tipp stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

Yeah me too...this match is not on rte.ie!

It's on tv3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

Limerick Tipp match is on TV3.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone with a link please.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

Ponster wrote: »
    Limerick Tipp match is on TV3.ie

Not if ur stuck up the hills in mainland Spain.

• Advertisement

Smith614 wrote: »
    Any link for limerick v Tipp stream.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone with a link please.
    Thanks

sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nippledragon

Anyone have a free stream links for Mayo v Roscommon?

Watching from the UK so cant get it on RTE website.

Appreciate any links, thanks.

Anyone have a free stream links for Mayo v Roscommon?

PM Sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Link for the Mayo Roscommon game please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Link for Mayo Roscommon game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭danceswithwolf

Galway Laois available anywhere?

Galway Laois available anywhere?

I don't think so. Is it televised ?

Link for the Mayo Roscommon game please?
    Link for Mayo Roscommon game?

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Can I get a link for Mayo v Roscommon please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

I'd love a link to Cork vs. Clare footy, but no hassle if you can't.

Jamie Cal wrote: »
    I'd love a link to Cork vs. Clare footy, but no hassle if you can't.

Is it televised ?

How do people think there are streams of matches that aren't televised? Expect someone at the match to be recording it by phone and sending it out over the Internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Neeson wrote: »
    How do people think there are streams of matches that aren't televised? Expect someone at the match to be recording it by phone and sending it out over the Internet?

Some GAA matches can be found on satellite TV streams. RTE/TV3 records them live but does not show them on TV. They use the recording for highlights later. You need a big dish and a box to view them though.

http://www.satelliweb.com/?section=livef&langue=en

The Cavan Fermanagh was on satellite TV stream today.

That match was on TV

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cavan v Fermanagh and Mayo v Roscommon were available today via streams - don't think any other game was. Depends on what is being shown on premierview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Does anyone have a link for the Cork vs Clare hurling match? I'm looking for a link for someone who is outside of Ireland. PM if you have a link :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Does anyone have a link for the Cork vs Clare hurling match? I'm looking for a link for someone who is outside of Ireland. PM if you have a link :)

Hi lads...any chance could I get this link please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

gudede wrote: »
    Hi lads...any chance could I get this link please

PM sent :)

Any stream for Leitrim and London?

• Advertisement

Leitrim and London not being televised! Only two games being televised this weekend, Donegal v Down and Cork v Clare - would have liked to have watched the Waterford game last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Leitrim London is on ocean fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Any Kilkenny Dublin links?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭murtyd17

Any Kilkenny Dublin links also please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Kilkenny vs Dublin is not being televised, there are no links to share.

All these people talking about them not being televised. There can still be streams online - or so I was told last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

http://dublincityfm.ie/ have a live commentary for the Dublin vs Kilkenny match, most likely is biased towards the Dubs but I've bad internet so I can't tune in.

Neeson wrote: »
    All these people talking about them not being televised. There can still be streams online - or so I was told last week.

For GAA matches generally not. If RTE don't have cameras at the game then it isn't available online (companies like Satanta use RTE footage for their coverage)

Any radio stations doing today's 3pm games? Especially the Tyrone one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement