Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving a font/size/bold configuation in word

Options
  • 03-02-2013 12:33am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    Thought this might be the best place to ask

I'm wondering how to save a particular configuration in word so I can switch between them easily.
    I'm finding that say I'm going from a Calibri non-bold font of size 14 to a Cambria heading of bold, underline, and size 22 I can't switch between them easily and have to select the font/bold/underline/size etc every time.

I hope you understand what I'm on about!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I haven't tried this, but you could try having another document open with a sample of each font you want, and copy/paste each to the other document, then replace the text, replacing the the text but retaining the font etc. Hope this makes sense. And works !

Just my $0.02

edit: You could also do it with HTML CSS stylesheets, but that might not suit you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Use styles, and assign a keyboard shortcut to each one. For example, Ctrl +alt+1 is already set to Heading 1, and ctrl+alt+2 is heading 2.

Ctrl+shift+s opens the styles window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

jayteecork wrote: »
    hi guys,
    Thought this might be the best place to ask

I'm wondering how to save a particular configuration in word so I can switch between them easily.
    I'm finding that say I'm going from a Calibri non-bold font of size 14 to a Cambria heading of bold, underline, and size 22 I can't switch between them easily and have to select the font/bold/underline/size etc every time.

I hope you understand what I'm on about!

Thanks.
    Styles is what you want. If you are sticking to the main set and what to change the Normal style, right click on it in the style area. Repeat with headings etc. Do this in an empty doc and then either save it as type template dotx,or make sure you click save to normal.dotx when you are modifying them. This will keep the changes for use in new docs.
    Assuming you're on 2007 or newer.

Btw, using styles opens up a whole goodie bag of extras, like automatic table of contents.

Advertisement