Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to open a second current account

Options
  • 03-02-2013 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to open a second current account over the phone? I want a second current account to transfer some savings but i want to be able to withdraw money immediately if i need it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Video wrote: »
    Is it possible to open a second current account over the phone? I want a second current account to transfer some savings but i want to be able to withdraw money immediately if i need it
    Have wondered this as well.

Also with boi and getting married next year and would like a a second account with a laser/ debit card so I can keep track of wedding spendings.

Would like to put say 12k into this account and would be very handy to add up wedding cost instead of coming out of our main account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi all,

Thanks for your query. While it is possible to open a second Current Account, this cannot be done over the phone. You would need to make an appointment with your branch to fill out a Current Account Application form.

If this isn't possible, perhaps one of our Savings Accounts may suit you. Our Demand Deposit Account can be applied for over the phone and would allow instant access to the funds in the account. The account also comes with a 365 Cash Card. This will allow you to withdraw funds from any Bank of Ireland ATM. Demand Deposit accounts also allow transfers into and out of the account through Banking365 Online.

You can find more information about our Demand Deposit Account here or you can phone 0818 200 347 to speak to one of our Savings Team directly.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement