Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orbs and others in pictures

Options
  • 03-02-2013 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

What's every body's stances on orbs in photograph's paranormal or just trick's of light , the reason I ask I've had quite a few paranormal experiences over the years and I'm a firm beleaver in ghost and spirits for years when im photographed orb's appear or what looks like smoke in some images .

Can be explained as bad images or paranormal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

there are things called plasma orbs - which really should be far far too hot and dangerous too seen in the first place in reality - which some people claim not as paranormal, but as something that shouldnt have been there or photographed. I think theres a possibiliy they might exist - but thats nothing to do with being paranormal.

Other orbs though have been proven time and time again to be either insects, dust, reflection or from the camera

Images with smoke like things in them can also be caused by a myrid of natural possibilities, like smoke, moisture on the camera and many other things. Camera straps have even caused such images as have misplaced fingers and thumbs.

I find people jump to conclusions way, way too quickly. Too many people are desperate for a paranormal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

maccored wrote: »

Other orbs though have been proven time and time again to be either insects, dust, reflection or from the camera

That would be my opinion on most orb photos, tho its impossible to tell and so I think orbs caught on video are much more intriguing, because you can see straight away if there is something peculiar there, by the way they are moving etc.

That would be my opinion on most orb photos, tho its impossible to tell and so I think orbs caught on video are much more intriguing, because you can see straight away if there is something peculiar there, by the way they are moving etc.

and a lot of the time filmed in nightvision with other nightvision devices in the immediate area. Too easy in such cases to be reflections from IR devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭KCC

maccored wrote: »
    there are things called plasma orbs - which really should be far far too hot and dangerous too seen in the first place in reality - which some people claim not as paranormal, but as something that shouldnt have been there or photographed. I think theres a possibiliy they might exist - but thats nothing to do with being paranormal..

That's ball lightning - I've seen it.

I suppose it is. the reported plasma balls though are usually quite small.
    KCC wrote: »
    That's ball lightning - I've seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

i was never a great fan of "orbs". it could be a spek of dust flying or anything. I think some people over react when they see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Orbs are basically near-field out-of-focus specs of dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

That's what i think too, once i beat the top of a bed with something and took a photo straight afterwards. The photo was predictably full of orbs!

Advertisement