Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone insurance

Options
  • 03-02-2013 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭

so 'i lost my phone a couple of days ago and had it insured so am entitled to a replacement, once i pay 60 quid which is a crock of ****, anyone know what i'm allowed to chose from? i'm with meteor if it makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ask the insurance company. You didn't say which model phone you lost and you didn't say what coverage (€€€) you've been paying for so nobody here can answer the question.

You might as well ask: my house has burned down, how much can I spend rebuilding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

coylemj wrote: »
    Ask the insurance company. You didn't say which model phone you lost and you didn't say what coverage (€€€) you've been paying for so nobody here can answer the question.

You might as well ask: my house has burned down, how much can I spend rebuilding it?

6.99 I think a month. Sony Ericsson ray... Or maybe its the ark... And 30 a month plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

is the whole idea of insurance not to leave you the way you were before theft or loss or damage?? not any worse off not any better off?
    if so the answer to your question is the same phone you had insured!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

is the whole idea of insurance not to leave you the way you were before theft or loss or damage?? not any worse off not any better off?
    if so the answer to your question is the same phone you had insured!

or closest to it. Most insurance companies try to give like for like replacement, if model not available, it will be the closest one to it.

Advertisement