Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mortgage issue

• 03-02-2013 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I have a query re a mortgage application

My fiance and i applied for a mortgage through bank of ireland last november and gave all information that was at that point required , were were firstly approved in principal and then got letter of offer , we then found a newer house far nicer than the one we had been looking at in a lovely estate , we contacted bank and were informed that was not an issue and did we require further funds so we increased the mortgage by 10k new letter of offer arrived and i was asked for a new salary cert , nothing had changed i was still on a fixed contract thru work and was now earning slightly more than on first one

Bank arranged mortgage protection and life cover and advised us to pay for a valuation on house , solicitor , survey etc and that we could pay deposit.

2 days after deposit was paid they rang to say there was an issue with me being on a fixed contract even though its running till next november, i cant get a letter to say il be kept on in november but i have been told there is a 95 % chance i will be. We have had to pull out of sale 3 months after initially starting the process and 1.5 weeks after paying deposit -it shouldnt take that long to check a salary cert !

We were then told yesterday that the issue is more or less with BOI as they own 2-3 unfinished houses in that estate and auctioneer seemed to think that we would have absolutely no issue buying one of those as they must be sold as the builder has forced the banks hand oddly enough the day after we payed deposit.

We are currently in process of talking to another bank in the hope we can still purchase our "dream house" but hope is fading daily , we now have to sign forms with the bank to cancel the mortgage protection and the manager said why would you want to do that we can still sell you protection for the mortgage even though we dont have one !!! Im also removing my savings from the bank as ive lost all faith in them - that was also met with consternation

Question is , what are peoples opinion on this ?

Both employed
    One permanent one fixed contract both with considerable savings
    And more than minimum deposit requirement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi focusowner.

Thanks for your query.

We are sorry to hear your mortgage application has not gone as smoothly for you as you would have hoped.

As your application was processed in your branch, please contact the Mortgage Advisor, if you have not done so already, who will look into this further for you and appeal the decision, if possible.

Apologies we can not be more help to you in this instance.

Laura

Advertisement