Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got t-boned on Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I have been there myself, sorry to hear about it, get well soon mate. I know it is not easy, but try make the most of the time off, the pain will settle in a few days hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

kaimera wrote: »
    laid up in the mater with a broken heel, another bone in the foot broke too, Broken shoulder and torn tendons in the arm

be safe everyone.

Jeusus that's awful. I got t-boned on friday too. My fazer is wrote off. I'm okay besides bruising and pulled muscles. It was more my fault than theirs so I've just been county my lucky stars that I didn't come out with anything broken.

I just hope you mend quickly and there's not long term damage. Will you be up for swinging your leg over a bike again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

get well soon..i am sure you will be on here more often for the next few weeks...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Get well soon man, and take care out there fellas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Get well soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Sounds fairly sore!

Get well soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Get well soon mate! Hopefully you'll be up and about soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

unlucky - thats a sore one. only just after getting my first bike and on the IBT some tool pulled out on me when i was on a roundabout. heart skipped a beat i can tell you. there are some numptys on the road.

get well soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kudos to cormie off boards for going to collect my bike tomorrow.

do need pins and plate for one of the breaks in the foot :-(

shoulder is still unknown at this point. tomorrow maybe.

Have solicitor numbers on hand to ring tomorrow. Been advised to let them handle it cos I'm supposed to start a new job in two weeks and I'm gonna be on some nice meds and not the right state of mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Get well soon lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Get well soon Kaimera, it sure ain't safe out there anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jeusus that's awful. I got t-boned on friday too. My fazer is wrote off. I'm okay besides bruising and pulled muscles. It was more my fault than theirs so I've just been county my lucky stars that I didn't come out with anything broken.

I just hope you mend quickly and there's not long term damage. Will you be up for swinging your leg over a bike again?

WTF Wiz....send us a PM of the details.

Glad you are okay. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Soz to hear that mate....what you need is a nice cuppa in a nice new Fazer mug............:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

just read this now, get well soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Plus I hope you have it better than I did when I broke my leg and damaged my shoulder (on the same side).

Arm was put in a sling then I was carted off to Xray. Got the xray results and had to be put in a cast, all grand.

Xray doctor puts my leg in the cast, then hands me a pair of crutches. Took him a few seconds to see my arm all slung up and just says 'Oh'.

Was wheelchaired out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

As a few others have said - been there, done that. Horrible situation to be in - bike broken and you broken. Get well soon chief. I know it doesn't help right now - but at least you're alive to tell the tale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

If your stuck for a van to move the bike lets know and I'll empty the van out and help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Get well soon Kai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Am I the only person who read the title as "Got boned on Friday"? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Am I the only person who read the title as "Got boned on Friday"? Lol

YEP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Get well soon mate. Its good that you can write about it, some lads aren't as lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Heres the patient...

IMG_20130202_151943.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

sorry to hear - hope you make a speedy recovery (and ye wiz)

Got stung for storage costs for my bike. guards said first four days free.

300 to release :-!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Thats just rotten. Very unfair.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Where the hell do they get those prices? When you're claiming on yer ones insurance don't forget to add that on, along with all your gear. I assume you were top of the range dainese boots, trousers and jacket, and an Arai lid?

high end hg gear, shoei lid, tcx boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You'll get that back from the woman's insurance company, don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭MrScootch

You'll get that back from the woman's insurance company, don't worry.

+1
    Just add it to the bill.

Hope you're back on your feet soon. Jesus there's some scary drivers out there.

Advertisement