Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got t-boned on Friday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

... Still waiting.

not even the ****ing mri done.

tomorrow is a week and I still don't know how much damage is done to my shoulder.

ffs.

@maameeo - srs you should see some of them!

getting bouts of depression lying here... have my ups and some ****ty downs for about 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

maameeo wrote: »

hmm i mustnt have packed enough sarcasm into my post :P

No, I got it.

I now wonder if you got my post?

Edit: Smileys added to original post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

kaimera wrote: »
    mri before lunch & surgery I'm told. at last.

Might be home tomorrow but we'll see.

still broken and still no morphine drip!

upside...student nurses... wow

http://i.imgur.com/KeSzISK.jpeg - heel wound cleaned and stitched last Sat

Glad to see you're taking pics, keep that up. You probably couldn't see when they were stitching your heel but if possible, note down whether there was internal stitching and external stitching and whether it was just a rough patch job or whether the doctor actually put some care into it to reduce scarring. The lad that stitched my knee was at it at 11p.m. and he couldn't have cared less about scarring and I'm now left with a pretty manky scar on my knee because of that :(
    ... Still waiting.

not even the ****ing mri done.

tomorrow is a week and I still don't know how much damage is done to my shoulder.

ffs.

@maameeo - srs you should see some of them!

getting bouts of depression lying here... have my ups and some ****ty downs for about 20 mins.

Write it all down. Get the missus to bring you in a notebook of some description and keep notes of how you are feeling, pain levels, drugs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Terrible man, hope the sponge bath comes soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭MrScootch

Glad to see you're taking pics, keep that up. You probably couldn't see when they were stitching your heel but if possible, note down whether there was internal stitching and external stitching and whether it was just a rough patch job or whether the doctor actually put some care into it to reduce scarring. The lad that stitched my knee was at it at 11p.m. and he couldn't have cared less about scarring and I'm now left with a pretty manky scar on my knee because of that :(

I like my scars. Does that make me weird?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

We should do a quick whip around and bring you a KFC....

Glad to hear your on the mend.

No surgery or mri today.

patience wearing thin...

I. Like kfc...but I don't like ****ting in a basin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

MrScootch wrote: »
    I like my scars. Does that make me weird?

Nah. I'm a girl and from my left knee down to my left ankle is all scarred and I wear dresses a lot so I'm kind of self-conscious about it :( Planning on getting it tattooed over once my case is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

bout 40km

What your sayin is if you were goin faster she would have missed you? :D

Note to self ; drive like you stole it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The lad that stitched my knee was at it at 11p.m. and he couldn't have cared less about scarring and I'm now left with a pretty manky scar on my knee because of that :(

Probably at the arse end of a 48 hour shift :( in our wonderful health service

Get private health insurance and make damn sure they know it as soon as you're admitted. It doesn't guarantee you won't end up sitting on a trolley for 2 days, followed by a night in the public geriatric ward, FINALLY followed by the private room you paid for all along :mad: but at least it means the consultant does the op not one of his trainees. Organ grinder not monkey.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

WTFF! I got my MRI in 2 hours in fucking Kathmandu. What does be wrong with this country:confused:

eoing1 wrote: »

What your sayin is if you were goin faster she would have missed you? :D

Note to self ; drive like you stole it

actually, yes! ffs

surgeon around this morning, said I'm due both today, but we'll see.

edit - and 45 mins later surgery is cancelled.

****.sake. I'm thinking of just getting into my chair and rolling into traffic. fml

Maybe we can get a tiny mini moto in for a blaze around the corridors for you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

edit - and 45 mins later surgery is cancelled.

****.sake. I'm thinking of just getting into my chair and rolling into traffic. fml

Oh man, it sounds like it's day to day wait for you... I can only imagine that you are loosing it at this stage.

Any update? Given that f-all happens in Irish hospitals at the weekend except patching up drunks, if the op didn't happen this morning it'll be Monday at least :(

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Any update? Given that f-all happens in Irish hospitals at the weekend except patching up drunks, if the op didn't happen this morning it'll be Monday at least :(

No surgery, no mri.

maybe tomorrow, maybe Sunday.

possible problem with the skin on my ankle in that if they open it up, might not be able to close the incision.

I don't want an infected wound. :-(

starting to not be as cheery as I have been.

now in wk2 like....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Only catching up with threads here, hopefully you will make a full recovery and they do the op quickly. Hospital is boring andi can only imagine hat you are going through

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

No surgery, no mri.

maybe tomorrow, maybe Sunday.

possible problem with the skin on my ankle in that if they open it up, might not be able to close the incision.

I don't want an infected wound. :-(

starting to not be as cheery as I have been.

now in wk2 like....

I know what that is like, I spent six weeks in one; getting a different op on my leg each week.

It a right pain though, but hopefully once your done you will be on your way.

Out of surgery. Was in at half 12.

meds are baking me daft atm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Sounds like you need a couple of bikers to go down and have a few choice words with the doctors who think it's OK to fvck you around!

• Advertisement

Out of surgery.

Great news. Glad I'm proved wrong :)
    Enjoy the morphine while it lasts, within a day or two you'll get nothing more than a couple of Panadol.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Keep the head up and great to hear u had ur surgery.

Time is a great healer so is compensation that you rightfully deserve.

Get well soon fella.

Good stuff...now get home and watch every box set you have starting with the GODFATHER!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

No ways, start with Battlestar Galactica ;)

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Get well soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a couple of bikers to go down and have a few choice words with the doctors who think it's OK to fvck you around!

Exactly what I was thinking. Would make the hoors speed up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

KamiKazi wrote: »

Here's how this conversation goes...

*4 bikers walk in angry*

"Hey doctor man, why did you take so long to do Kaimera's surgery"

"Well, I can't discuss patients without their consent, but it was a complicated operation given a bone was completely crushed and we wanted to make sure that the swelling had gone down enough for the incisions to close in a clean manner leaving as little scarring as possible."

"Yeah, well, don't let it happen again?"

Sending bikers to tell a surgeon how to do his job.... great idea :)

I've enough metal in me to qualify for classic insurance!

I'll have to go for a nct each year!

Lol.

yea metal to fix the ankle.

also told I sheared off most of the cartilage too - like advanced arthritis but not. just means I'm at risk. a worn ankle they call it.

just need mri before I can go. hope I get it and not a damn appointment for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Better Faster Stronger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

eoing1 wrote: »
    Better Faster Stronger

I'm sure if asked he would have just taken the 6 million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just came across the thread now. Heard about the accident.

Terrible news for you on the job front, so hopefully when you recover you can find something new quickly.

Just take your time to recover. Get well soon.

Advertisement