Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got t-boned on Friday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

Cienciano wrote: »
    Was there much in the top box? If you don't get it back I hope your expensive camera and lens wasn't in there, your laptop, your picasso, your stradivarius, your faberge egg collection.

well lets not get carried away but i think we all saw him putting his iPhone 5 and his spanking new arai helmet, and we all had a good laugh about his man bag with his shiny rolex in it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

eurofoxy wrote: »
    well lets not get carried away but i think we all saw him putting his iPhone 5 and his spanking new arai helmet, and we all had a good laugh about his man bag with his shiny rolex in it..

And I was pillion I want my gear sorted too....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

How's the form OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

How's the form OP?
    still broken.

getting by at home. finished lotr extended editions. most of blackadder series. lol

back in hosp march 1. will know more then.

some good days...some tough painful days. each day is different :/

Hang in there mate, get yourself an OFAH boxset to ease the pain, there is another one on adverts I thing.....I got the Only Fools and Horses complete boxset on adverts off some girl, she got it for the hubby for xmas gone and he never watched it. Its on play.com for about €160+ I got it for 40 quid never opened.

LOVELY JUBBLY!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I downloaded workaholics and watched it all in one sitting. I'd give it a go if you're bored

to add,

I'll have a one piece leathers, handroid gloves, tcx competition boots, Knox spine and chest protector up for sale in a few weeks.

don't have a use for them now and all the friends have their own gear

You may not have a use for them now, but you will when you're up and running. I'd hang on to them, think of the cost of buying them again, when you're better. When I had a spill I said at the time it wasn't worth it, getting back up on a bike. I'd done myself in pretty
    good as well, facial surgery, teeth knocked out, crutches etc. As my body healed, my frame of mind changed also, I had dark days of course, but I began comparing my recovery to the running of marathon, you know, that there is an end even though its miles ahead. Each step brings you closer to the end. So when you reach that end in a couple of months, you might need your nice gear back!
    Now, its 10 years after the accident, and I'm still lashing around on a cb500, it cuts an hour and a half each way on my journey into work, and there are no parking fees.
    Chin up old chap

had a big reply typed up.

****ing mobile site didn't submit and lost it.

jist - no confidence, too risky, had to make a choice. sucks :'(

bad last few days: back on pain meds... not sleeping either. good times...

Ahh **** man that is terrible....if I was you I would start a blog and type everything you can remember from the accident and keep it going with how you feel now and how your taughts have changed from biking. It will help you adjust to everything writing it down......

Hang in there man.....

• Advertisement

Chin up here too OP. Flogging off all your gear now is achieving nothing except saying I'm defeated. The body heals and in a couple of months you could be kicking yourself. Just hold off.....sounds like cabin fever is getting to you.

Bike show is this week end but I'm sure bikes are the last thing you want to see......remember it wasn't the bikes fault but that cow that took you out. Roll on your settlement for mental anguish, your injuries, your loss of work, the valuables lost in the givi box........I'd say money is the last thing on your mind now but when the dust settles maybe a nice R1200GS as a little pressie for yourself after all you went through????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

There's no shame in admitting you think your biking days are over. There's no shame in admitting you've made the choice to give up because your physical injuries are too great to risk putting your body through another collision. Nobody but you can make the decision. However, now is not the time for decisions to be made. You'll get cabin fever, you'll be pissed off, you'll be so angry you'll want to punch through walls. It is worth it to wait until you can at least walk again and get about on your own before making a decision like that.

Havin said all that I will give you €20 for you knox gloves PMSL!!!!! Dont mind the meds that is a good deal m8

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Had a spill last year, takes a long time to get back to normal. Id hold onto the gear and give it a while, fully understand you woes. Sending some boards luck to ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

kaimera wrote: »

I know what you mean, when someone pulls out in front of you like that you do lose confidence. When it happened to me (turned into a small spill, no injuries, but bike damaged) it took a while to go past similar junctions. Kept thinking someone was going to do the same.
    It's a horrible feeling, but it does pass. Never mind commuting, think of driving along an open road on a sunny day. Bike is great to have for those days.

If you go out for a spin with a few lads at a gentle pace a few times it will deffo get the confidence back up....it would be daunting going out on your own alright.

Checkup today:

stitches out of my heel wound.

New fiberglass cast in blue trim!

xrays of foot/ ankle all good.

Shoulder... broken collar bone and shoulder blade... with damage to the socket that they don't know what effect it will have later on.

but stop using sling and try get movement into shoulder... slowly.

Back in 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Nice one OP.
    Your always going to have good days and bad days, try your best to look towards the future :).
    Hope you feel better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Kaimera,

Really sorry to find out about your experience and hope you are back to full health soon.

I rode bikes for about 15 years and I am about to go back after a four year break, but the story I want to tell you is about bicycles. When I was 14, I was hit by a car and was almost killed. Witnesses said I hit the ground head first and spinned in the air. The damage was quite serious, but as soon as I recovered, my mother took me to a bike shop and told me pick any one I wished. It was the best thing she ever did for me. I was hesitant at first, but have been cycling regularly since then (30 years), and I am truly grateful to her for not allowing the fear to win. I am not sure if this story will help you in any way, but my suggestion is that if you rode the bike because you had a passion for it, make sure that if you give up on the bikes that it is for the right reason.

All the best.

Zynks wrote: »
    my mother took me to a bike shop and told me pick any one I wished.
    :eek:

So worth the crash! :rolleyes:
    If my mam took me I'd go for a gs 1200, I've always loved trialsy bikes since owning an xl 250 yonks ago. and its shaft. I bought a revere years ago for
    €300 and couriered it for 2 years with no probs.
    Then I'd move to a country where it never rains :D
    What would you go for yerselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

We'll all chip in, take Kaimera to Ducati Dublin and tell him to pick whatever bike he wants

We'll all chip in, take Kaimera to Ducati Dublin and tell him to pick whatever bike he wants

No probs, as long as its from accessoires :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pay thousands in a deposit and not get a bike, you mean?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

ninja900 wrote: »
    Pay thousands in a deposit and not get a bike, you mean?

In all fairness he never said he would get the bike, just pick it! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

kaimera wrote: »

i had a t-bone ages ok. not as bad as urs but still. on crutches for 5 weeks. 1 week into the 5 i was back on the bike, kept a pair of crutches in work.

'Why do we fall Master Bruce? So we can learn to get back up'

Not dead yet...Ha.

Yea, so back in hosp yday.

after the wrong xrays ordered twice, finally got talking to the register.

healing on ankle/ heel is good, no issues, same with the cuts on the ankle/ heel.

cast came off, in a fancy air boot job ( more unique than air Jordans!) now that I can take off to wash etc. no more bin bags!

no shoulder xray but he looked at the last one and said my shoulder was fine. derp.
    said it was healing good too.

all good news.

and then

no weight bearing on foot. fine, was expecting that, 7 weeks in a cast like.

oh, and the shoulder too. so no crutches? No crutches. back in your chair boy. :-(

ffs.

then 30 mins of physio had water rolling off me. gonna be a fun 4 weeks doing exercises before my next hosp visit.

What bike are you looking at Kam? I hope you get a ton of compo from that cow who took you out of it. Great to see your on the mend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

its baby steps in the beginning of the recovery/rehabilitation.. just dont let the set backs piss you off too much..

Look at how far you have come and use it as inspiration to keep on going..
    oh and dont worry you are not missing on on anything as its only the real crazy basterds who are out riding the last few days..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yea not being able to use crutches coz of a f*cked up shoulder is the worst bit.

Although my shoulder healed enough for me to use crutches after about three weeks, I couldn't use it properly for a good 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Stumbled on this thread by pure chance,

Was the car that hit you a black clio?

I think I passed by right in the aftermath of your accident, you were on the grass verge just before the bridge? with your bike pretty much at the bridge abutment?

Looked like a very very bad belt, your bike certainly looked in a bad way.

In fact, i think you were ahead of me going through the east link in the moments leading up to it??

Hope the recovery goes well :)

Advertisement