Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got t-boned on Friday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

another month, another hospital visit.

Yay crutches, 2 of them.

Pretty sad that I'm happy to get crutches :-(

anyway, walking on the bad ankle with the fancy air boot jobby they give nowadays, aided by the crutches.

Back in 6 weeks.

flashbacks are a bit of a bitch, still not sleeping much at night, normal sleep one might say.

Hopefully I'll get tired from using the crutches.

ages to go still.

Part of the reason I update this thread is for my own benefit, just to write **** down I think.
    again, stay safe y'all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Good stuff m8 what ever helps you get through the day.....sounds like you have been through hell so far. Keep the chin up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Op?...sounds like you have gone thru the mill....please tell us you have got a good solicitor ? I would be sharpening my cleaver for compensation which you really deserve . Keep posting....and chin up big fella.....you will get a deserved wedge for what that kunt put u thru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Jeebus dude. You really have been through the wars. You poor fecker. Here's hoping things start going your way soon. Healing quickly, that stupid cow getting done and you getting everything you deserve out of it. Keep going with writing things down. Good for the mind and for the soul. Gets things off your chest and helps set emotions free, rather than leaving them boil up inside. At least you are more mobile now, will help you get your strength back up. Keep at it and listen to everything the physio tells you to do.

Also... Where are the pics of these student nurses???? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

kaimera wrote: »
    flashbacks are a bit of a bitch, still not sleeping much at night, normal sleep one might say..

This is one aspect I hadn't thought of. I can begin to imagine because the other day a car almost pulled on top of me as I was moving along doing 30 or so mph on the bus lane - I was behind the last taxi on the bus lane, so one of the cars waiting on the normal lane pulled into the bus lane after the last taxi had passed, without checking for smaller vehicles. I had headlights on and was wearing jacket with reflective strips all over etc - nothing helped. He saw me in the end and I had enough gap to squeeze by him and the kerb, so it all ended well - BUT - my vision shrank for those 10-15 seconds, heart thumping as if I was having a heart attack..

We all gear up to reduce physical injuries but how does one prepare against stress / shock I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Positron i have similar experience, but the way i see it is that the shock should give u better ability to predict situations and learn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Hey kaimera, I just stumbled across this thread and it sounds like you had a damn sh1ty time, really sorry to hear about it but im glad to hear that you are on the mend. Remember, what wont kill us will only make us stronger! I've just recently started on a bike and each time i get out on the road, I lose a little more faith in humanity, there are some really stupid and dangerous drivers out there!! Anyway keep up the physio and you'll be stronger than before in no time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

You have to presume your invisible-so much for extra lights on my gs and yellow bike jacket- a builder pulled straight out in front on me yesterday in foxrock-what did the kunt do when I braked heavily --he gave me the bird--jazuz-

I didnt engage and was a little shook-careful folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Quebec Delta Mike

Sometimes things happen, just 'cause your careful don't mean you can't be wiped out, my sympathies to the OP, but watch this, and we should all count our blessings...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyG_fGpNgmU&feature=player_embedded

Hope that link works...

QDM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Mother of god!!!:eek: They be scraping him of the road!

• Advertisement

for those asking, yea I have a good solicitor on my case.
    helps having friends from college still!

her insurance have paid out on my bike claim this past week.

another x months / years before the pi claim is sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Are you gettin there skin? Walkin unaided yet? (changed my user name since I last commented, eoing is no more)

Are you gettin there skin? Walkin unaided yet? (changed my user name since I last commented, eoing is no more)
    no, only walking with crutches and have to wear the air boot.

tough going tbh. thought using crutches would be a breeze, but any bit of distance has me in a lather of sweat and sore all over.

going down stairs is a problem atm, quite nervous on the ankle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

another month, another hospital visit.

Yay crutches, 2 of them.

Pretty sad that I'm happy to get crutches :-(

anyway, walking on the bad ankle with the fancy air boot jobby they give nowadays, aided by the crutches.

Back in 6 weeks.

flashbacks are a bit of a bitch, still not sleeping much at night, normal sleep one might say.

Hopefully I'll get tired from using the crutches.

ages to go still.

Part of the reason I update this thread is for my own benefit, just to write **** down I think.
    again, stay safe y'all.

One advantage of my accident was I was knocked unconscious at least when my head hit the gate pillar, although I have still zero memory of my accident. Get well soon. Don't be impatient. Follow doctor's orders to the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

tough going tbh. thought using crutches would be a breeze, but any bit of distance has me in a lather of sweat and sore all over.

Jaysus. The more I hear about your injuries and rehabilitation, the more I realise how lucky I was with my recent highside. Get well soon man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I feel your pain ted. This time last year I was in a cast and struggling around on my crutches :( A year has passed and my leg is still fooked unfortunately. I hope when you are healed and back on your feet that you will actually be fully mended, unlike me.

Back in Dub so starting to get rid of my gear

http://www.adverts.ie/3106042

Hope it's kosher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Did you have all that clobber on when you crashed? The reason I ask is I have that type of protection myself and more often than not
    it stays in the wardrobe, unless I'm going far/for a day out. Gonna have to get back into the habit of wearing them all the time

Did you have all that clobber on when you crashed? The reason I ask is I have that type of protection myself and more often than not
    it stays in the wardrobe, unless I'm going far/for a day out. Gonna have to get back into the habit of wearing them all the time
    I didn't have the knox gear on.

I had bought brand new hein gericke gear with good protection in the jacket.

atgatt tbh...and i stopped doing it before my rta..jeans to work like. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I had two big offs and both times I got boned because of not going atgatt. I feel naked if I'm not wearing all the bits and pieces now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..as of 29th April, I'm afraid I fell to that as well....got hit from lhs on my H-D. Got away light, bruise and cut to the shin - through my heavy bike boots - but nothing broken, no ambulance etc.

What's the correct term for half the atgatt ? :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

forgive me for asking but can you tell me what boots did you wear at the day of accident, jsut wonder if mine will help at all - i have smx-5 from alpine*s

and GLWS.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    forgive me for asking but can you tell me what boots did you wear at the day of accident, jsut wonder if mine will help at all - i have smx-5 from alpine*s

and GLWS.
    I had a pair of TCX goretex touring boots - like these - http://www.thevisorshop.com/acatalog/info_13506.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

The hot weather is too tempting to not shed some of the gear.

But everytime I consider it I just remind myself of some of the stories Ive heard and throw it all on anyways. Deffinately worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hot? In Ireland?

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Hot? In Ireland?

yes and sunny. today solid 18+ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hottest I've ever been on a bike was 35C in Andorra in full leathers. OK as long as you keep hydrated and keep moving - go up in the mountains to cool off!

Scrap the cap!

6 more weeks later (or was it 4? **** idk)

so in hosp this morning there. got the all clear from the consultant. yay. well pretty much the all clear, the heel isnt 100% but close.

So I'm out of the boot and in my own footwear.

Physio has me still using the crutches and to move to 1 crutch when i'm comfortable.

Back in 3 months for checkup and in 2 weeks for physio.

Chatting with the consult/register, cos of the injuries I'm at a high risk of arthritis in the ankle (a bitch to get - in his words!). Early onset of it too, but it can be 10 years from the date of the accident. So I'd be ~40 if it comes about.

The metal in the ankle stays in - unless it causes any discomfort etc.

I'm a lil shocked at the recovery. All I remember from being in hospital is being told how bad the injuries were. Here I am 4 months later in my own runners.

Something to be said about not smoking!

Have all my gear sold off as well. Met some nice folks while selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Good to see your doing better mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

6 more weeks later (or was it 4? **** idk)
    Have all my gear sold off as well. Met some nice folks while selling.

Delighted to hear it's going well mate, sounds like you've made great progress in the last couple of weeks! :)
    I'm currently seeing a chiropractor at the minute, trying to so some corrective stuff on scoliosis in my back and 'whiplash neck' which is already showing signs of developing towards arthritis, so hopefully he'll be able to stave it off!

Advertisement