Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got t-boned on Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

glad to hear you're on the mend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Great to hear you're on the mend kaimera :) Been wondering if you were ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Good to hear matey. I was also very surprised at the way recovery can just rush forward from time to time. You'll have a month with little change and then you seem to wake up one morning with a ton of movement you hadn't before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Good to hear the recovery is going well. The arthritis thing is very real, but the metalwork staying in is no big deal really. Physio is the hardest bit IMO, but in the end it's well worth the effort. Good luck with the next stage of the recovery :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hi all.

~10 months later.

Start with the good.

Got the all clear from the fracture clinic; happy with the healing.

I haz job! Started a new job 3 weeks ago. Only a contract position but it's 9 months and so far I like it.

I'm walking much much better on my own.

Have 2 sessions of hydrotherapy left in the hosp.

Started gym to help build up back and left arm (back from walking badly cos of ankle; arm cos of the shoulder damage) - slowly but surely.

Did 6 counselling sessions. Was having it pretty **** a few months ago. Couldn't see anything positive - fml etc etc.

the Bad:

Ankle hurts still; withg the cold weather it's been pretty **** in the mornings.

Fracture clinic thinks I may need to get the plate out cos its agitating the skin (basically inside of my ankle is always discoloured; plate rubbing I think) - but idk how long recovery would be; cant afford time off.

Claim is slow moving; think my initial med report went MIA en route to the solicitor :| Not my fault tho!

Oh, and cos I commute more than before now, I really really miss the damn bike. Rang a chap about a s1krr for a friend and chatting away I damn well nearly said yes myself! O.o

Stay safe everyone. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Have u settled your insurance claim yet? I believe you are owed a kings ransom for what you have gone through and suffered. Great to hear your on the mend and life is better.

Rgds

Have u settled your insurance claim yet? I believe you are owed a kings ransom for what you have gone through and suffered. Great to hear your on the mend and life is better.

Rgds
    No, Personal Injuries claim is ongoing. That's not a quick fix but the solicitor told me as much when I met him initially, couple of years anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Good to hear you are making decent progress kaimera. 10 months - and to think all this from a relatively low speed impact and while wearing all the gear. :gulp:

About the insurance claims - if any kind of payout is years away, how on earth are you managing financially - treatments, rent / mortgage, just everyday sustenance.. everything costs and arm and leg these days.

positron wrote: »
    Good to hear you are making decent progress kaimera. 10 months - and to think all this from a relatively low speed impact and while wearing all the gear. :gulp:

About the insurance claims - if any kind of payout is years away, how on earth are you managing financially - treatments, rent / mortgage, just everyday sustenance.. everything costs and arm and leg these days.
    Relatively low speed; combined impact of 50/60kph max I'd say, maybe lower.

Injury/illness benefit for 9 months; had to sell quite a bit of gear to get by, savings were delved into :/

Treatment is thru the hospital still so that's covered but I was paying for an osteopath for a while as well (total legend btw, wouldn't have made the progress I have without him) but any outlay like that should be coming back whenever.

Working now so financially I'm getting to a better place. Was tough no doubt, one of the reasons for the counselling :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 blondie990

kaimera wrote: »
    No, Personal Injuries claim is ongoing. That's not a quick fix but the solicitor told me as much when I met him initially, couple of years anyway

He's right there. It's a lot easier for the court to come up with a figure for past suffering rather than possible future suffering. I know it's very unlikely in your case but some people could suffer badly for 3-4 years, settle their claim and use the settlement money for the best treatment and find that a lot of their symptoms settle down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

yikes, got knocked off my bike a while ago, again low-speed, but I was so conscious of the car bumper coming, and my leg I lifted it way up outta the way.

didn't bear thinking about tbh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    yikes, got knocked off my bike a while ago, again low-speed, but I was so conscious of the car bumper coming, and my leg I lifted it way up outta the way.

didn't bear thinking about tbh.
    Yep; really had no time to do anything other than try an evasive. Lifting the leg wasn't even a thought :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Glad to hear you're doing well buddy. A pint for you if we both get to the AH beers this year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks for the update.. I pass the spot where you had your RTA everyday, passed it after your accident and so I think about your progress often.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Yep; really had no time to do anything other than try an evasive. Lifting the leg wasn't even a thought :/

....tbh, if I was doing 1mph more - or to be more correct, if she was doing 1mph more, I wouldn't have had time, either. Them's the breaks.... (sic)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Glad to hear your on the mend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Your're more than welcome to take my cb500 out for a spin if you want, when you feel up to it. Just pm me and I'll drop it over for a couple of hours. Glad you're on the mend

Your're more than welcome to take my cb500 out for a spin if you want, when you feel up to it. Just pm me and I'll drop it over for a couple of hours. Glad you're on the mend
    bold O.o

Offer stands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bloody hell, you went through some crap, hopefully you get a decent payout. Whatever it is, it won't be worth it, that's for sure.
    Are you ever going to go back on the bike? I'm commuting in a car these days and it's poxy. I take the bike the odd day, so much handier/easier/less stressful

• Advertisement

Prolly won't be back on the bike.

Left ankle isn't good enough for shifting and for taking weight when stopped; don't trust it. :(

Shame. All the friends are up to thous...a 04 r1, k7 gixer, 06 gs1200a and possibly a big bang r1.

and I'm just sitting here masturbating :(

Shows how important it is to buy the best pair of gloves you can afford.

Left ankle isn't good enough for shifting and for taking weight when stopped; don't trust it. :(

Shame. All the friends are up to thous...a 04 r1, k7 gixer, 06 gs1200a and possibly a big bang r1.

and I'm just sitting here masturbating ;)

FYP

Shows how important it is to buy the best pair of gloves you can afford.
    I pity the sod that bought those gloves off you, now that I know what you get up to..
    Fúck!!.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

get well soon dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So happy you on the long road to recovery.....very best of luck mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I pity the sod that bought those gloves off you, now that I know what you get up to..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1gkSK8_ME

Grr...!!! What I really meant there was that had he hurt his wrist/hand, he couldn't w*nk now, could he? Anyways... poor joke. :o

Grr...!!! What I really meant there was that had he hurt his wrist/hand, he couldn't w*nk now, could he? Anyways... poor joke. :o

Sorry man, I bought the gloves off him, didn't realise it would cause offence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mr chips

Have you thought about getting a trike?

Advertisement