Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone Unlock question?

• 03-02-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hello,

i have a iphone 3gs that i currently use on vodafone. i bought it from a friend last year and he was using it on meteor.

so i assume it was unlocked.

the friend of mine is gone to canada for work.

anyway, i have a new job were coverage is an issue and o2 only works there, when i put an o2 simcard into the iphone i get searching... no service.

this only happens for o2, works fine with vodafone. meteor, e mobile.

so to be sure its unlocked i do a restore on itunes to see, and once it was done my itunes states my iphone is unlocked.

i put the o2 sim card into iphone and the carrier settings picks it up as o2 and in about settings it picks it up as o2. but just cant get no service on o2.

i have tried this sim in a blackberry curve and 2 other o2 phones and o2 sim works fine.

see pics attached.

any thoughts on why it wont work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have you tried another O2 sim or any other networks sim (other than vodafone) in your phone? If only vodafone sim's work then it's locked to the vodafone network. It coudl have been originally a vodafone sim which was jailbreaked to allow a meteor sim to work but following an OS update it became locked to it's original network again (in this case vodafone). Only way to confirm is to try another sim other than O2 or vodafone sim in the phone.

try a new O2 sim. How old is your current one?

Advertisement