Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamebattles

Options
  • 03-02-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Have just recently got back into the competitive gaming arena, and yesterday was playing the XBLA Texas Hold 'em game on gamebattles. My first match in the league, but despite that I won. However the guy I was playing against reported the match as a win for him.

"No Biggy, probably an accident, I'll just submit a ticket, explain that I won with a 10 high flush, at the very least they'll call it a draw, because hey, there's no way he has evidence that he won anyway"

The previous time I had a dispute where I had won a game and the person didn't correctly report it, the match was stricken from the record...

I wake up this morning and that ****ers been given the win! I'm astounded... Until I look at his profile and see that he's a "premium" member... And then it all falls into place...

Absolutely furious about this, but really there's nothing I can do about it. Does this happen often on gamebattles these days? Are they more concerned about pleasing paying customers that they'll ignore and insult someone who has been a member of the community for 5 years? Am I better off moving to another website? I've recently found consoles.net, but haven't given it a shot yet as it looks empty....

Btw... I know I should have taken a picture of the win, and I did, but it was only of the screen saying that I won the match, not of his chipstack hitting zero, which I should have done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kieran_1991

Its nothing got to do with being premium on Gamebattles, when a match is disputed it is decided by the public who wins look at the CMRS match resolution section. Being premium just gives users more features on the site like if you aren't happy with the result from a dispute you can escalate it and a member of their staff will look into it.

When your writing your ticket explain everything that happened and try and get proper proof. I became premium recently just so I could escalate any unfair disputes and its great to be honest. I play Black Ops 2 on it and I've had a lot of the higher teams disputing and getting the win through the match resolution, but as soon as I escalated it I got the win.

Advertisement