Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1D MKII SDHC vs CF

Options
  • 03-02-2013 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

I'm struggling to find a definitive answer on which storage type has better R/W speeds in my 1D MKII.

I'm beginning to notice a lot more of my devices are coming with built in SD card readers and I'd love to get rid of my card reader + CF cards once and for all( I've had my fair share of problems with CF's , usually during the small amount of paid work I do :pac: ) but I can't find anywhere saying that SD card X is quicker than any CF card when being used in the 1D MKII.

It's a long shot, but before I start buying high-speed SD cards myself to test this has anyone made the switch and if so which model/brands would you recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

SD cards are fragile and more prone to damage

I have no problem with CF cards since all my cameras have had only CF cards albeit not my G12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

nucker wrote: »
    SD cards are fragile and more prone to damage

I have no problem with CF cards since all my cameras have had only CF cards albeit not my G12

Really? I've the complete opposite experience!

I've probably had 3-4 CF cards broken/corrupt etc. SD cards, none so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Really? I've the complete opposite experience!

I've probably had 3-4 CF cards broken/corrupt etc. SD cards, none so far!

I currently have 6 CF cards, about four more in the past (lost them nothing went wrong with them)

It was probably down to a bad batch that you've probably have, I usually only go for one manufacturer, Sandisk

The only corruption I've had was due to the fact I was probably only deleting photos not formatting the card

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

nucker wrote: »

I currently have 6 CF cards, about four more in the past (lost them nothing went wrong with them)

It was probably down to a bad batch that you've probably have, I usually only go for one manufacturer, Sandisk

The only corruption I've had was due to the fact I was probably only deleting photos not formatting the card

I have agree about SanDisk CF cards, they really are rock solid. On the 5D3 the SD card slot isn't as fast as the CF one, the same may be true for other Canon bodies with dual slots.

Advertisement