Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O' Donnells vs Keoghs crisps

Options
  • 03-02-2013 11:30am
    Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I like both but I think the former is better. Good Irish companies, both of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I dunno, I was all over O'Donnell's S&V . . . Until I discovered Keogh's! They are just a bit superior I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Keogh's all the way - it's 100% quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

O'Donnell's all the way for me, the nicest Cheese & Onion crisps on the market imo. :) We need a poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Keogh's, hands down because they aren't sweet like O' Donnell's.
    I hate the trend for making crisps sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Tried O'Donnell's, found them hard.

There's a trend lately for hard crisps that I hate.
    Keogh's are really nice although hard to find. I know SuperQuinn do them but I don't live near a SuperQuinn. If they were stocked in more shops I'd buy them regularly.

Their Shamrock n Onion (or whatever it was called) were delicious and that's the only flavour I've tried so far :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

O' Donnells without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Love Keoghs Dubliner cheese and onion, the texture, flavour and crunch are just perfect.

Having said that I also like O'Donnells sweet chilli crisps, but keoghs would be my first preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Keogh's definitely for me, the sea salt and cider vinegar flavour is to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Both great crisps. In cheese and onion flavour prefer Keoghs but would give the edge to O'Donnells in the salt and vinegar variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,407 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thread crashing here but Tayto Bistro Cheese and Onion are better than both imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

Keoghs all the way.JC's in Swords always have them on special.

Just after demolishing a bag of Keoghs Dubliner cheese and onion, heaven, absolute heaven.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

skibum wrote: »
    Just after demolishing a bag of Keoghs Dubliner cheese and onion, heaven, absolute heaven.........

Heaven is nice, I grant you that- but if you wish to reach eternal paradise, try Keoghs roast beef and Irish stout flavour.
    Has to be one of the best quality crisps I've tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I love both equally. Problem is i've become a crisp snob now and can't eat tayto or hunky dorys anymore!

jd83 wrote: »
    I love both equally. Problem is i've become a crisp snob now and can't eat tayto or hunky dorys anymore!

Nothing like a Tayto ham, onion and cheese toastie. I guess Keoghs are the crisp equivalent of craft beers- on a sunny day, you'll still have a commercial bottle of beer like Sol or Heino or whatever over a craft wheat beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

O' Donnells were half price last week, picked up a bag S+V. Absolutely fell in love, gorgeous crisps.

Keoghs were on special offer in Tesco today (same flavour), so got a bag. Not a patch on O' Donnells imo, but that's just me.

I'm becoming a bit of a crisp fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Both are pretty good quality crisps to be fair. May lean more toward O'Donnell's however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

where can I get a box of O'Donnells? my wife loves them

And the winner is?

Keoghs. Without a doubt.

O'Donnells' salt and vinegar tastes like- well, any other salt and vinegar crisp. They're like a superior Tayto- but that's all- and anyway, Tayto have already done that.

Keoghs have superior flavouring and they have the consistency of a kettle crisp.

O'Donnells taste more like Marks and Spencer crisps- very good, but not enough to differentiate themselves from a quality crisp.

IMO, O'Donnell's are good as a step up from the mass produced crisp.

It's Keogh's though, if you want a special crisp, especially for nibbles before a meal.

So, Keoghs wins. Hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Have only tried O'Donnel's cheese and onion and I adore them.

Surprisingly if anyone wants a commercial crisp that is somewhere near as good. those King ones in the gold packet are top notch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

What are the sea salt ones from Keoghs like? I am celiac so would love to know before I give them a go. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

They are the best sea salt crips I've ever tried, love that particular flavour so have tried many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

After having a few bags of Keogh's Atlantic Sea Salt & Irish Cider Vinegar I think I'm gonna go with them as my favourite crisp now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Cheese and Onion is in O'Donnells favour no doubt IMO. Salt and Vinegar is a bit more even

Sweet Chilli OD are my favourite at the moment anyway.

Had a bag of Keoghs Dubliner cheese and Onion last night, delicious, just finished a bag of O'Donnells cheese and onion, and I'm confused ... : :confused: love them both, can't decide which is best........

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think Keoghs are nicer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

O'Donnell's Cheese and Onion are the best Cheese and Onion flavoured crisps I've tasted and they still taste great after regular consumption. Good strong flavour and plenty of actual potato, I find a lot of the 'fancy', thick cut kettle crisps can be quite bland.

The Keogh's Roast Beef and Ale ones are fantastic but I rarely see them anywhere.

O'Donnell's are now my regular go to crisps, apart from an occasional return to my previous favourite: Hunky Dory Buffalo.

hardCopy wrote: »
    O'Donnell's Cheese and Onion are the best Cheese and Onion flavoured crisps I've tasted and they still taste great after regular consumption. Good strong flavour and plenty of actual potato, I find a lot of the 'fancy', thick cut kettle crisps can be quite bland.

The Keogh's Roast Beef and Ale ones are fantastic but I rarely see them anywhere.

O'Donnell's are now my regular go to crisps, apart from an occasional return to my previous favourite: Hunky Dory Buffalo.

Currently attacking a bag of Keogh's Roast Beef and Irish Stout, ..... not bad but I would prefer Keoghs cheese and onion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

New flavour from O'Donnells... where's the smiley for 'nomnomnom' :D:D:D

ODonnells-crisps-hickory-barbecue.jpg

http://www.thedailyspud.com/2013/06/02/bloom-2013-john-clarke-potatoes-crisps/

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    New flavour from O'Donnells... where's the smiley for 'nomnomnom' :D:D:D
    Tried a bag of these today, not bad but I'll probably not try them again

Advertisement