Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website integration question

Options
  • 03-02-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi

My company use some software called Kernel to hold all their product, customer, contract pricing, sales, stock, etc. info. http://www.kernel.ie/aboutkernel.htm

They want to set up a front-end Magento website that will display all this info to the customers.

From what I understand so far, we have to set up a Magento online store with all the products and apply the relevant SKU numbers, categories, product info, photos etc. to each product, then integrate this back into kernel so kernel will keep all the pricing, stock quantities etc. up to date on the site every 15 minutes.

Is there any way to sync Kernel to a Magento website without having to go and set up all the products first in Magento. I understand that I could use a csv file to do this but the Kernel database does not have all the same columns as the Magento database in particular the categories and photos.

Can anyone offer me some advice? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

You could write, or get someone to write something that queries the Kernel database and puts things into a format Magento can understand.

This could be as dumb or as sophisticated as you need really, from a manual process to something that runs on a schedule and updates Magento automatically. I would certainly start by trying to write the queries you need first. What database is Kernel using?

Or course it would be much easier if Kernel had some API developers could use, but looking at it, I don't think so.

It's hard to give proper advice since it's unlikely anyone will know the specifics, but suffice to say, what you want to do is probably one of the more common tasks ever so you should have no problem finding someone who can do it.

Advertisement