Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Baltray Beach...

Options
  • 03-02-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the best way to access Baltray beach? is there public access from the carpark at Seapoint?

Ta...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

It's years since I've been there but the way we used to go to Baltray Beach was to drive to the Haven at the mouth of the river and walk to the beach.

If you drive into Baltray Village and go past the gate to the golf club this road leads to the Haven, I think Premier have a plant down there so not sure if it is a public road but the public use it all the time, where you end up you can see across to Mornington, you will see a path that you can walk up to the beach.

Otherwise you can walk along the beach from Seapoint to Baltray, you know your at Baltray when you see the old shipwreck. Go onto the beach through the pedestrian gate of the daughters of charity (opposite the carpark on the beach side of the golf club) and you will see a pathway down to the beach, this leaves you on the Baltray side of the stream, unless you don't mind getting your feet wet or are very good at jumping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Thanks very much Mr.Muddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Careful if driving out to the Haven. Some potholes you'd easily get lost in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

theres a right of way on the golfcourse;)
    or park at seapoint walk on the beach to baltray.the beack can be very very soft in places heading for the old ship wreck so be carefull.

Advertisement