Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puttin on weight

• 03-02-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

So I've recently decided to give up smokin...I've noticed I've put on a bit of weight, about 5 kg .... Now that wouldn't be to bad but I'm a very body conscious person, being 128 kg before and gettin down to 87 kg was a big task for me but since I have up the smokes weight has jumped back on....my habits aren't to much different, I eat when I need to eat and am an avid gym user. It's kinda disheartening in the sense that you accomplish one thing but your failing your self in another

Any one else experience this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Sirsok wrote: »
    So I've recently decided to give up smokin...I've noticed I've put on a bit of weight, about 5 kg .... Now that wouldn't be to bad but I'm a very body conscious person, being 128 kg before and gettin down to 87 kg was a big task for me but since I have up the smokes weight has jumped back on....my habits aren't to much different, I eat when I need to eat and am an avid gym user. It's kinda disheartening in the sense that you accomplish one thing but your failing your self in another

Any one else experience this problem.

It happens, put on 5 kg myself, but found it tapered off after about 6 months.
    You just got to suck it up till your ready to lose it.

PS I haven't sucked it up yet but plan to soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Is it weights you do in the gym or aerobic exercise?

When I quit I started running three times a week (couch to 5k program) and I lost weight throughout the year.

Advertisement