Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help identify droppings

• 03-02-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Might be rats because i seen a big rat recently but just want to be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Here's another photo of them and damage done to my swedes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭The Gardener

Definitely not rat droppings, looks more like bird droppings to me, not sure what type of bird though. The damage to your swedes is more reminiscent of slug/snail damage which could have been done during the recent mild spell in January when slugs were becoming active (in my garden anyway).

Definitely not rat droppings, looks more like bird droppings to me, not sure what type of bird though. The damage to your swedes is more reminiscent of slug/snail damage which could have been done during the recent mild spell in January when slugs were becoming active (in my garden anyway).

Definitely not slug damage, too much damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭RICKYD

watch out for pigeons.def bird droppings & theyd be partial to a bit of swede

A few of the swedes are completely eaten! Would pheasants be the cause I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭RICKYD

cud be pheasants ok.do a bit of shootin myself & a turnip field would be a good place for holding pheasants.if ur around ur patch a good bit durin the day you should hav no prob seein if its pigeons or pheasants

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JaneF

Not rats. I was going to say chickens. The white stuff definitely indicates birds' droppings. Probably something like pheasant if you don't have chickens.

Advertisement