Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Liverpool fc 4 pm (you didn't see me, right?)

• 03-02-2013 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't start this thread Luckycharms_74 did okay? :p

City solid but not thrilling right now (seems they slow down with the winter chill), no Kompany, Maicon possibly no Guidetti or Nastasic. While Touré and Touré are at ACN.

Liverpool no Kelly and Coutinho (yet) and very up and down. The draw to Arsenal was fairly typical in many regards, some exciting attacking some desperate defending against pace. Enrique played the last 20 or so on Wednesday so should start this with Johnson back on the right. The middle will almost certainly be the same and the attack likewise. Carra apparently is starting.

No point in trying to hold City for a point at this stage of the campaign. All out attack

attachment.php?attachmentid=69475&stc=1&d=1328560994

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

2-1 Liverpool. Sturridge and Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Can see City scoring a couple here. Liverpool's record this season against the top half is awful.

3-0 City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bah, thought this was at Anfield. Going to miss the game, guessing 5-0 City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mike65 wrote: »
    City solid but not thrilling right now (seems they slow down with the winter chill), no Kompany, Maicon possibly no Guidetti or Nastasic. While Touré and Touré are at ACN.

If anything we've picked up over the winter with six clean sheets on the bounce, thanks in large part to Javi Garcia finding his feet and being brilliant.

And no "possibly" about Guidetti, he hasn't featured all season and won't for quite a while yet.

Dzeko has to start given Pool's frailties at centre half.

1-1 probably and another nail in the title coffin, meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was a really good game this back in august and the boy sterling showed his worth that day. Hopefully no brainfarts today that cost us points, should be a good 'un

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

G'wan the Pool!!!
    Actually think they can get something out of this. Kompany is a massive loss. I'm going for an optimistic draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is Carra actually starting this? Seems crazy if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Hoping for a 4-4 draw but the brain says 3-1 City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

I think it will be a draw, won't suit either, but draw nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

CSF wrote: »

motm against arsenal, and he has put in performances which are well ahead of skertl's level this season. I think he deserves to start on form. my only worry would be the fact that he played a very testing game so recently, but even at that, he has earned his place, and i have more faith in him right now than i do our other centre halfs.

also, he's definitely due a couple of goals. that dry run can't go on forever. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Can't see any complacency from City with the win so vital to title hopes, went on a super run this time last season to pull the the title back, not sure if they'll achieve the same end result this year but think they'll be much too strong this evening.

4-1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

2-1 City would be my prediction but I could see us getting something.

Certainly should be close enough to make it worth watching. Don't go along with these 3-0 or 5-0 predictions at all. Despite the poor record against the top teams we rarely get hammered.

The match away to United was the only one that looked like it could've been heading that way, but in the end it was a close encounter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Morzadec wrote: »
    2-1 City would be my prediction but I could see us getting something.

Certainly should be close enough to make it worth watching. Don't go along with these 3-0 or 5-0 predictions at all. Despite the poor record against the top teams we rarely get hammered.

Not that rare, City have beaten them by three clear goals last two season at the Etihad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A draw would be good for football. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

City at 10/11 is unbelievable value, should be 4/7 at the most imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Blatter wrote: »

No, over 11 corners at 10/11 is unbelievable value. Only started getting on Liverpool corners recently. 16 corners in the Oldham game. 15 in the Arsenal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A draw would be good for football. That is all.

A Liverpool win would be a hell of a lot better. I can't comprehend this thought process given poster claims to be a United fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Blatter wrote: »

Yep the Asian market always skews Liverpool games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

RasTa wrote: »
    A Liverpool win would be a hell of a lot better. I can't comprehend this thought process given poster claims to be a United fan.

Its like a Liverpool supporter saying they'd like a draw/City win so United don't walk the league. Sad.

I couldn't give a f*ck about United at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

On the topic of betting, had an accumulator yesterday that would have earned me around 100 quid only for Newcastle to score in the last few mins against Chelsea. Bastids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

RasTa wrote: »

i think he was taking the piss as niallo jumped into the united match thread and sad this yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

After the poor result against arsenal can't afford anything less than a win to keep title hopes alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Are Hender and Down starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Turtyturd wrote: »
    After the poor result against arsenal can't afford anything less than a win to keep title hopes alive.

A win today should help bridge the 27 point gap.

It'll make me feel unclean shouting for Liverpool today but as Tesco say: "Every little helps."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I can see City wiping the floor with the away side today, 3/4-0 formality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

After picking up a lucky point at Arsenal Liverpool confidence will be high but they could have conceded a handful in that game and I don't think City will spurn as many chances as Arsenal did, 3-1 City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Soups123 wrote: »
    After picking up a lucky point at Arsenal Liverpool confidence will be high but they could have conceded a handful in that game and I don't think City will spurn as many chances as Arsenal did, 3-1 City.

Luckily City won't create as many chances.

Down is awful in big games, has done alright against the bottom half teams but always is ****e in big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

klose wrote: »
    Down is awful in big games, has done alright against the bottom half teams but always is ****e in big games.

What's your take on Hender?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ing seems a chore for some posters to type.

I'm hop for a Liverpool win obviously but fear City will have way to much for them. There is the Suarez factor however and that does give me some hope.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What's your take on Hender?

Delighted with his form of hender and hope he keeps his place hopefully ass takes a leaf out of his book and kicks on. Need moar wingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Why, he has not put a foot wrong in any games he has played this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

He's due a clanger :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

His pace vs Agueros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

3-0 to City, they are going to come out very quick from the start after the QPR game and just dont see them letting United pull away yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Reina, Glen, Carra, Agger, Jose, Lucas, Stevie, Hendo, Downing, Sturridge, Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

3-1 city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

His pace vs Agueros?

He will have Sergio in his pocket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Reina, Glen, Carra, Agger, Jose, Lucas, Stevie, Hendo, Downing, Sturridge, Suarez.

Seems pretty solid...the strongest team we have going on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

you cant help but like zabaleta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

you cant help but like zabaleta

Brilliant player.

First time lescott and nastajic have played together today and both right footed. Just waiting for redkanpps ricochet analysis of suarez, does it every time hes in the studio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

klose wrote: »
    First time lescott and nastajic have played together today and both right footed. Just waiting for redkanpps ricochet analysis of suarez, does it every time hes in the studio

left? :confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Subs: Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Allen, Shelvey, Sterling, Borini.

You'd be a nut job not to to be able to find a good steady stream btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Is this a day where United and Liverpool fans can be friends?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Nope because if Liverpool lose then United fans will give out that "They couldnt even do us a fúcking favour"

Suarez 9/4 to score anytime.

Had to take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Makes my skin crawl when Utd fans cheer on Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Melion wrote: »

Nope because if Liverpool lose then United fans will give out that "They couldnt even do us a fúcking favour"

I promise I won't Melion ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement