Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Sponsorship 190 visa

Options
  • 03-02-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

hi everyone,

i just have a few questions on this state sponsorship visa.

i am currently on a 457 visa and i wish to apply for the 190 visa ( i will be doing this independantly and will not be mentioning it to my current employer)

Just a few questions...

If i apply for WA state sponsorship:

can i work in any sector once it has been approved or do i have to stick to the one occupation?
    can i work for multiple employers? eg can i work a fulltime job and get a diff part time job...
    Do you have to do a skillled assessment?
    once my state sponsor ship was approved would i have to notify my current employer? will be 457 visa be classes as void?
    what is the average cost for applying for state sponsorship?
    how long do yo uhave to have state sponsorship before you can apply for residency? and what type of residency visa can you apply for? the 189?

hmmm so i think they are my questions for now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

niva*sis wrote: »
    If i apply for WA state sponsorship:
    can i work in any sector once it has been approved or do i have to stick to the one occupation?
    You can work anywhere or any job you want
    can i work for multiple employers? eg can i work a fulltime job and get a diff part time job...
    Free reign
    Do you have to do a skillled assessment?
    Yes
    once my state sponsor ship was approved would i have to notify my current employer? will be 457 visa be classes as void?
    You cannot hold more than 1 visa at a time, so yes it would be void, and you should tell the 457 as they have obligations they no longer have to meet.
    what is the average cost for applying for state sponsorship?
    Please find it on the website
    how long do yo uhave to have state sponsorship before you can apply for residency? and what type of residency visa can you apply for? the 189?
    You really should read the website, a 190 visa is residency, and it is one of the first lines on the website
    "A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia."
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Could anyone recommend a migration agent in Perth, and is it possible to just get a bit of advise of a agent rather the hiring them to do the whole visa as I'm just unsure of a few requirements for work experience proof and confused about timeline/deadlines for State sponsorships etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

there was a seminar in rosie o gradys last thurs nite it was very good, the speakers were from easivisa and are located in west perth, as far as i know they give free consultations. Be no harm to give them a buzz just to confirm, the woman carole ann really knew her stuff so i'll defo be calling in to them for advice but i'll be doing the whole visa process myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Here is a link to "booklet 6" of the immi website. This is the bible for these visas.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

hmmmm im in a bit of a pickle here...
    i want to apply for either a 189 or 190

if i apply for a 190 my occupation must be on the CSOL / western australia skilled migration list
    if i apply for a 189 my occupation must be on the SOL

my occupation is on the CSOL but not the WA SKilled migration list.

i am a database administrator and the assessing code is ACS 26211... not too sure what way to go now as im on a list but not on both list for WA sponsorship.. could this possible fall under any other category?

• Advertisement
Advertisement