Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River rescue in Trim

Options
  • 03-02-2013 2:34pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lot of activity down by the river in Trim today, rescue chopper and all out. Hope it's just a training exercise, anyone hear anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

As far as I know a jogger in the porchfields fell into the river. Would like to think it was all resolved successfully, as I havent seen anything about someone being missing or killed.

(Also do the rescue teams even do drills? Think its a 4 or 5 figure cost every time the helicopter gets off the ground)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭SurferRosa

My 2 boys were fascinated watching the helicopter yesterday, it was only on closer inspection we saw it was a rescue one. Hope that the got te person out safely if that's the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

Person reported in water by reliable witness. Search on going for missing male. Not an exercise

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yeah, when I saw the rescue team still down there on Sunday night, Monday and yesterday, I suspected the worst. :( I hope they find the missing person. Thoughts are with the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

any update on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

td2008 wrote: »
    any update on this?
    We Walked from Trim to Bective again today looking... My fiancées cousin is missing since Sunday so presuming its him :( nothing or no-one recovered yet :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

SusieQue wrote: »
    We Walked from Trim to Bective again today looking... My fiancées cousin is missing since Sunday so presuming its him :( nothing or no-one recovered yet :(

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Hope things turn out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭SurferRosa

I'm so sorry SusieQue, also hope there will be a positive outcome to this...

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Hope things turn out ok.
    Ta Denis :) just a matter of time we reckon..

SurferRosa wrote: »
    I'm so sorry SusieQue, also hope there will be a positive outcome to this...
    ah thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

eeek Susie, hope its not!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

So sorry to hear that news. Hoping for the best.

eeek Susie, hope its not!
    Cheers Jonathan :) Back out tomorrow and the River Rescue Crew or someone will have Sonar equipment.. So hopefully we get some answers tomorrow before the bad weather comes again :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Sadly he was found Saturday at Bective. RIP.

:( Very long month of searching and waiting for the family and rescuers. RIP.

Sadly he was found Saturday at Bective. RIP.
    Meant to reply to this Saturday..
    Wayne was found Saturday morning at 8am near Bective, in the place we all thought he would be, an island which had a lot of trees, branches and growth.
    Although the family are in bits, they at least can start to grieve properly now :(
    He will be buried in Trim on Wednesday. R.I.P Wayne x

Advertisement