Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edmonton?

Options
  • 03-02-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So anyone know what it's like? Any you guys away from home been there long?

Got my payment away though, its still pending the proof of funds bit but i got aib to photocopy the whole lodgement slip with all the required detail so confident it will verify.

Been thinking of going to Edmonton since last February. Seems like a beautiful part of the world up there and I love the cold winters, maybe get to ski to work :) what a dream. Hope to get some construction labor work for the first few months while I get my tickets for some rig work. I have been researching this line of work for a while now and seems to fit well with what i want.

So any advice would be great about the place and the line of work I plan to pursue.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Edmonton is very much an industrial town:D the best places for the rigs is to go to nisku thats where all the hiring is done i am hoping to go at the same work already been in contact with some company s and it seems positive but the work will be coming to an end now so we probably wont get hired till next September till the big freeze happens again:D
    There is loads of work in Edmonton i have opted to go to Calgary myself but all the best dude:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 totsy88

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Edmonton is very much an industrial town:D the best places for the rigs is to go to nisku thats where all the hiring is done i am hoping to go at the same work already been in contact with some company s and it seems positive but the work will be coming to an end now so we probably wont get hired till next September till the big freeze happens again:D
    There is loads of work in Edmonton i have opted to go to Calgary myself but all the best dude:)

Yea I knew about a lot of rig company's based in Nisku but I haven't got around to ringing any companys yet. Instead I just researched a million times about how the the local economy was doing for the past year and read enough forums to know there is a great demand for committed long term prospects in rig and construction work. Will do the contacting a few months before i fly out.

Yea I was planning on leaving it till the winter to go or just get into the construction work for a the first year while I get settled and then jump in September next year when I have all my tickets and car!

Gudluck in Calgary anyway

Advertisement